Insignia world cruise 2020 rates

tomservo

1 hour ago, tomservo said:

Also how often can you dine in the specialty restaurants with a cruise of this length?

We were given 43 specialty dining slots, but only booked 34. Got all for 6:30pm for a 2-top. We actually prefer the buffet (Terrace) so didn't want all those specialty slots. 

48 minutes ago, cbb said:

waynetor and I have done ATWs.  One can often dine in the specialty restaurants simply by checking at Terrace 1st thing in the morning and again at lunch to see what is available. 

we were trying to remember how many we got.  Dave thinks over 15 at each but we certainly didn't go that many times....perhaps Wayne remembers...or one of the other worldies that post here.  One couple I think ate at Polo once a week.

We were given 24 at each restaurant, 48 in all. I was asked by my TA to choose the dates within a couple of days of the time she told me. No problem. 

11 minutes ago, Go-Bucks! said:

Wow....prices sure went up in one year! For 2019 world cruise, we first booked a veranda cabin...the B2 cost $52,999.  We switched cabins to a PH1 and paid $77,999. Sad that a 2020 B2 now costs the same as a 2019 PH1! Glad we are going this year.

note  the prices are CAD in the link I gave

11 minutes ago, Go-Bucks! said:

Wow....prices sure went up in one year! For 2019 world cruise, we first booked a veranda cabin...the B2 cost $52,999.  We switched cabins to a PH1 and paid $77,999. Sad that a 2020 B2 now costs the same as a 2019 PH1! Glad we are going this year.

A B2 O Life ATW fare is under $60K USD. I think the higher fare mentioned was Canadian.

East vs West

The 2015 and 2016 west were very similar and both eastbound.  The 2017 and 2019 were very different and were/are westbound.  The 2018 and 2020 were/are both eastbound and have a lot of differences but also have some ports duplicated.  I would expect the 2021 to be westbound but no guarantee.

Either way the itineraries tend to go south to start avoiding the northern winter.  An eastbound will end up doing eastern Asia towards the end while west bound will end up doing Mediterranean towards the end.

A big difference is eastbound cruises have a lot of 23 hour days and you end up repeating 1 day on the calendar while a westbound cruise has 25 hour days for each time change and you skip a day at the dateline. 

Re Specialty rest - we added a couple while on board - end up there about once every 7 - 10 days.  The full voyage included a few nights where all those doing the full voyage took over the 2 restaurants.  Nice to meet others doing the

full voyage and free wine but small menu choices those nights.

I am doing the full world coming up.  And I have not bothered to even pre-book a specialty restaurant.  From what I have heard about O's main dining rooms, and food in general, there is really no need.   I might try them, once on board, if the opportunity becomes available, just out of curiosity...

Bob Brown--you really should check out Polo, unless you are not a fan of meat, and Toscana has some lovely entrees.  That said, we didn't come close to using all of the reservations we were offered in the specialities.

When I go to Toscana I will often ask for a plate of pasta and a serving of mixed veggies and then i drizzle the olive oil I've chosen over it all. 

When you're on board for many many days, you begin to get very creative about what you ask for.  We love Terrace for that reason--all sorts of different entrees you can construct with the crew's help!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bob brown said:

I am doing the full world coming up.  And I have not bothered to even pre-book a specialty restaurant.  From what I have heard about O's main dining rooms, and food in general, there is really no need.   I might try them, once on board, if the opportunity becomes available, just out of curiosity...

Why  would  you not  try them at least  once ?

You may enjoy  them for a change of pace   & they do not cost any extra 

I would book a couple of time slots you can always cancel if you do not like  them

12 hours ago, cbb said:

Bob Brown--you really should check out Polo, unless you are not a fan of meat, and Toscana has some lovely entrees.  That said, we didn't come close to using all of the reservations we were offered in the specialities.

When I go to Toscana I will often ask for a plate of pasta and a serving of mixed veggies and then i drizzle the olive oil I've chosen over it all. 

When you're on board for many many days, you begin to get very creative about what you ask for.  We love Terrace for that reason--all sorts of different entrees you can construct with the crew's help!

10 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Why  would  you not  try them at least  once ?

You may enjoy  them for a change of pace   & they do not cost any extra 

I would book a couple of time slots you can always cancel if you do not like  them

Thanks for the suggestions....yes...I am a 'carnivore', I love a good porterhouse the best, or a filet mignon.

I was hoping to meet some people at our 'meet and greet', and plan to dine together, rather than just booking a spot for myself...

1 hour ago, bob brown said:

I was hoping to meet some people at our 'meet and greet', and plan to dine together, rather than just booking a spot for myself...

or you could just book  "sharing" option   unless you only  want to dine with the "Worldies"

1 minute ago, LHT28 said:

or you could just book  "sharing" option   unless you only  want to dine with the "Worldies"

I am happy to dine with anyone....I'll take another look and perhaps follow your suggestion...thanks!

one of the things you could ask the social hostess or the CD to do is to host a meet & greet of "singles" on board for the various segments

I don't think anybody who went saw it as an opportunity to find a "date".....more of an opportunity to find someone to go on a shorex with or to dine with.  I know there were 5-6 of them who grabbed a table at Horizons for drinks some nights.

just a thought...

6 minutes ago, cbb said:

one of the things you could ask the social hostess or the CD to do is to host a meet & greet of "singles" on board for the various segments

I don't think anybody who went saw it as an opportunity to find a "date".....more of an opportunity to find someone to go on a shorex with or to dine with.  I know there were 5-6 of them who grabbed a table at Horizons for drinks some nights.

just a thought...

Good idea...I was hoping that "O" already had a solo gathering each evening like NCL does...they do a great job at that.:classic_smile:

bob brown-- ask for the meet & greet and then begin to lobby your fellow solos to gather each evening someplace.  It could be at the same time/place every night or it could be a moveable party!  Have fun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1