Arriving Orlando Airpt @8AM NCL boarding time 12N

newmil

first cruise?

I'm guessing so

2 hrs to kill?  NOT

there is NOTHING within walking distance of the terminal .... a cruise terminal is NOT like an airport terminal

arrive .... check in ... queue up .... board ....

this is how it's done

9 hours ago, newmil said:

If we do the Nowegian shuttle to Port Canaveral will we be able to leave our luggage with the ship and find something to do for 2 hours?  

By the time you get off the plane, collect your luggage, meet your transportation and drive to the port (45min-1hr away) you can be dropped off at the terminal and start checking in for your cruise.

16 hours ago, Capt_BJ said:

first cruise?

I'm guessing so

2 hrs to kill?  NOT

there is NOTHING within walking distance of the terminal .... a cruise terminal is NOT like an airport terminal

arrive .... check in ... queue up .... board ....

this is how it's done

Wow! This is just the type of snarky response that keeps me and others from asking for simple advice! NO, we are NOT going on our first cruise, but this is our first time out of this port. We estimate that we will have 2+ hours to kill and I thought perhaps we could uber somewhere close by rather than sit in the hot sun. Ya know, maybe a pre-cruise cocktail. Thanks to others who replied appropriately. I will take my questions elsewhere.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, newmil said:

Wow! This is just the type of snarky response that keeps me and others from asking for simple advice! NO, we are NOT going on our first cruise, but this is our first time out of this port. We estimate that we will have 2+ hours to kill and I thought perhaps we could uber somewhere close by rather than sit in the hot sun. Ya know, maybe a pre-cruise cocktail. Thanks to others who replied appropriately. I will take my questions elsewhere.

Hmmm!  Cocktails at about 10:00 AM - I like how you roll! :classic_biggrin:  Have a great cruise! :classic_cool:

• Like 2

Honestly, there isn't anything around Port Canaveral worth killing 2 hours of time.  You could walk to Rusty's for a late breakfast/early lunch.  I think you could walk to the Exploration Tower and look at the exhibits (one about my friend's father's cruise line is there), go to the top and look at your ship in the harbor.   Check out the launch dates for various rockets at Cape Canaveral - if one is your departure day and the launch time works, you can watch it from the area.  OR, take an Uber across the road to Southern Charm for late breakfast/early lunch.  OR, take an Uber to the Publix down the road and load up on stuff you would want on the cruise.  

But, me - I'd be reading my Kindle and listening to music with my noise-cancelling headphone.  2 hours isn't that much time.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Honestly, there isn't anything around Port Canaveral worth killing 2 hours of time.  You could walk to Rusty's for a late breakfast/early lunch.  I think you could walk to the Exploration Tower and look at the exhibits (one about my friend's father's cruise line is there), go to the top and look at your ship in the harbor.   Check out the launch dates for various rockets at Cape Canaveral - if one is your departure day and the launch time works, you can watch it from the area.  OR, take an Uber across the road to Southern Charm for late breakfast/early lunch.  OR, take an Uber to the Publix down the road and load up on stuff you would want on the cruise.  

But, me - I'd be reading my Kindle and listening to music with my noise-cancelling headphone.  2 hours isn't that much time.

Sounds about right

If OP wants, could uber to a salon and get pampered before the cruise, go to the mall and stroll around for a bit (it's always pretty dead so it's nice and peaceful), maybe catch a movie. Jetty park is fun but it's out in the sun. Cannot think of much else, hope you have a good cruise nontheless!

I thought perhaps we could uber somewhere close by rather than sit in the hot sun.

what cruise terminal has you sitting outside?  Haven't seen this in quite a while ... ESPECIALLY NOT if taking 'cruise line provided shuttle'

In all honesty I suspect if you just go with the flow, you'll board immediately after checking in ..... 

or let me rephrase

"I have a two hour layover at the Atlanta Airport ... where could I take an UBER to so I'm not bored?"

:classic_blink:

On 1/1/2019 at 10:42 AM, newmil said:

If we do the Nowegian shuttle to Port Canaveral will we be able to leave our luggage with the ship and find something to do for 2 hours?  

Oh no you have scheduled a flight coming in the same day of cruise.😳 Definite rookie mistake! Call your airline ASAP and try and reschedule your flight. Too many things can go wrong, and if your plane is delayed just 6 hours you will miss your cruise. Be thankful if you actually land up having 2 hours to kill at the terminal!