Free - Reduced Air When are you Notified of Flight

ddlb

My cruise is Jan 27 - as of today Jan 3 I have not received flight info for my included reduced air perk.  My TA said "usually" you are emailed that info 3 weeks before the cruise.   Was this the case with any of you who have used that perk?  I'm getting nervous cause I have to line up transportation to/from airport etc.  Thanks for any responses.

1 hour ago, motherof22boys said:

Did your son get his seat assignment as well? If not, does it indicate that his seat won't be assigned until boarding? Just wondering what level of "economy" that NCL is booking.

I don’t think he got a seat assignment. He’s looking into his options, so when he finds out anything I’ll post it.

I called NCL last night for this same reason regarding my 2/24 sailing out of Miami. Normally flights are arranged and edocs available ~60 days out (I'm at day 51), but they said it could take as long as 45 days. You seem to be even closer than that, so I would definitely give them a call.

From my understanding, you get the most cheapest basic economy rate - no included baggage, no seat assignments until day of check-in, no upgrades, etc. This will be fine for us for a 3hr flight from NY to Miami, but I'm concerned about my flight from NY to Oahu in July..... 13 hrs sitting twinkie between 2 strangers will suck big time.

5 minutes ago, disneygirl10 said:

Question on the free air topic.. Are we able to change our flights to arrive a day early?

You have to purchase Air Deviation and it will cost you.  So decide if that's really a perk you need.  If you can find a cheap flight on your own book it.

19 hours ago, motherof22boys said:

Did your son get his seat assignment as well? If not, does it indicate that his seat won't be assigned until boarding? Just wondering what level of "economy" that NCL is booking.

Once you get your booking code/reservation number/whatever the airline calls it  go into their website and see if you can get to the seating chart to choose seats.  You might be surprised you can pick your own.

Edited by Sauer-kraut

1 minute ago, Sauer-kraut said:

Once you get your booking code/reservation number/whatever the airline calls it  go into their website and see if you can get to the seating chart to choose seats.  You might be surprised you can pick your own.

Does anyone know if ncl uses southwest so you get free luggage?  I'm OP and still no news. It appears i cannot print my boarding pass because of this. 

Further to my earlier post my son had to purchase seats to ensure he would be sitting next to his girlfriend. The agent told him basic economy fares board last so there was little to no chance they would be able to get seats together. The cost of the seat reservations and baggage will add close to $125 (Canadian) to their total fare. Still not a bad deal, but quite a bit more than the original quote of $199.

gmbhardy- thanks for the update.  I was afraid of that.  I think my family will change our promo option and get our air on our own.  By the time we pay our luggage fees each way plus $280 in "transfer fees" for the four of us, it's just not worth it when we won't even get to sit together.  Appreciate the info!

1 hour ago, tokidoki said:

gmbharty-  can u share the times of the flights that NCL gave?    Not happy about seat assignments at airport?  

The flight times are avtually pretty good (both are direct flights) Leaves Toronto at 6:00 am, arrives Miami at 9:42 am. which gives him plenty of time to get to the port and check-in before boarding starts. He flys back to Toronto at 1:44 pm arriving home at 5:00 pm. Don’t know when the bus leaves from POM but he shouldn’t have to rush that much in the morning. 

Hey everyone - I am the OP and just found my flight info under edocs - FINALLY.  VERY VERY HAPPY

1.  Direct flight from Birmingham to Miami 

leaves at 6:22 a.m.  arrives at  9:24 a.m.

Flight back - leaves at 4:20 p.m. arrives in Birmingham at 5:21 p.m.

Now I will get to do that Miami city tour that takes you to the airport and I can use a $50 port voucher.  As far as seating goes my friend needs a wheelchair so we should get to board first.  But as advised will go to AA and see if I can pick our seats.

12 minutes ago, tokidoki said:

please let us know if u were able to get seats from AA prior to boarding!   thx  and good luck

YES!! Just did it for free.  You go to the AA website and enter your Record Locator Ticket Number  AA-BCDEFG - don't enter AA - not sure how much a checked suitcase would cost so I might just stuff a carry-on and personal item for the cruise!  Wow the airfare would have been over $1,000 for 2 and we paid $99 + $32 in transfers each.

6 minutes ago, tokidoki said:

incredible!    I was so worried about the fact we'd sit at opposite ends of the plane!   U have restored my faith in NCL. 

ddlb was able to secure seats because a passenger in their party needs wheel chair assistance. It’s my understanding (please correct me if I’m wrong) that these tickets are classified as basic economy.and as such are subject to a number of restriction. The agent told me son that he will board last and will not be able to reserve seats prior to boarding unless he pays for them in advance.  If the plane is near sold out the chances of getting seats together are slim and none.

7 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

ddlb was able to secure seats because a passenger in their party needs wheel chair assistance. It’s my understanding (please correct me if I’m wrong) that these tickets are classified as basic economy.and as such are subject to a number of restriction. The agent told me son that he will board last and will not be able to reserve seats prior to boarding unless he pays for them in advance.  If the plane is near sold out the chances of getting seats together are slim and none.

No wheelchair had nothing to do with it.   AA lets you choose your seats when flying economy.  I did it flying to Hawaii and once back from Newark.  If you want better seats you pay more - there were plenty of free seats to choose from.  I do not know if other airlines allow this.  I was assuming we could board first because of the wheel chair but with assigned seats it doesn't matter.  If your son is flying AA have him do what I suggested and he will see he can select certain seats at no charge!