Cruising on a Chartered Ship

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Personally I would be looking for a new TA.  For them to go away leaving all their clients with no where to turn if something went wrong is unacceptable to me.  

I would call cack again again and ask for either resolutions or the redeployment desk.  The front line people will not be able to help.

I agree 100%, but it was a family death that was unexpected so I somewhat understand. And depending on where this goes while she’s away, will be a strong deciding factor in them doing this group.

i will call back in the morning for redeployment and see where I can get there. 

5 minutes ago, hlandrews12 said:

I agree 100%, but it was a family death that was unexpected so I somewhat understand. And depending on where this goes while she’s away, will be a strong deciding factor in them doing this group.

i will call back in the morning for redeployment and see where I can get there. 

Be persistent and good luck.  I hope you can get some answers. 

When you call back in the morning, ask for this person. This is the person that sent out the email about the cruise being canceled.

Aurora Yera-Rodriguez 

Director of Guest Service  

Royal Caribbean International

Edited by Jimbo

Update: called in this morning on a different phone number. They tried to tell me I got the wrong department but I explained everything going on with this and my issues with my TA and demanded someone help me today to figure this out. This is my wedding and my TA is MIA. 

It is is confirmed that we are all cancelled and I made sure they had notes in our reservation of everything that is happening. They said to tell me travel agent we have until the 15th to try to light a fire, but basically I can’t do anything without her. They said she has the letter and they are unsure why she would say otherwise.

29 minutes ago, hlandrews12 said:

Update: called in this morning on a different phone number. They tried to tell me I got the wrong department but I explained everything going on with this and my issues with my TA and demanded someone help me today to figure this out. This is my wedding and my TA is MIA. 

It is is confirmed that we are all cancelled and I made sure they had notes in our reservation of everything that is happening. They said to tell me travel agent we have until the 15th to try to light a fire, but basically I can’t do anything without her. They said she has the letter and they are unsure why she would say otherwise.

I am hoping  that your TA will be back well before the 17th when you have to change things.  Sorry that you are having all this stress with your wedding plans.  Like stated above your bookings will all be automatically cancelled then if you TA does not contact RCL  I guess if you bookings do get cancelled at least you can find a new TA and start over

Edited by molly361

It seems it is a partial ship charter.  Not all special cruises are full ship charters.

That is, that group, booked a large percentage of the rooms, and also venues for special events.

But there are still cabins for others.

But you may or may not want to be on the ship with the "special" group.

17 minutes ago, SRF said:

It seems it is a partial ship charter.  Not all special cruises are full ship charters.

That is, that group, booked a large percentage of the rooms, and also venues for special events.

Say what? 🙄

9 hours ago, SRF said:

It's a full ship charter. 

10 hours ago, hlandrews12 said:

Glad you were finally able to get the answer even though it will disrupt your plans. Unfortunate that they won't work with you given the circumstances with your TA.  I hope they her back in time to help resolve this. 

When I posted that, they still had their cabins, and were able to book more.

So at that time, it was not a full ship charter.

Or, it may be a full ship charter, IF the organizer can get enough people to sign up.  They may have an agreement with RCI that they will commit to the charter by X date, if they can get the participation, but at this time, they are have not executed the charter.

1 hour ago, SRF said:

When I posted that, they still had their cabins, and were able to book more.

So at that time, it was not a full ship charter.

Or, it may be a full ship charter, IF the organizer can get enough people to sign up.  They may have an agreement with RCI that they will commit to the charter by X date, if they can get the participation, but at this time, they are have not executed the charter.

Actually if you had kept reading you would have realized that it was a full ship charter, but an IT  screwup with the group that they were in that allowed their group to remain.  It has always been a full ship charter.  The letters as posted earlier have already gone out.  The entire sailing has been closed to bookings (other than their group) for months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Ralphinsc  I have gone on the first two Star Trek Cruises and am planning on going on the one that is for the time stated in this thread.  Reason it is 13 plus is because the vast majority of those that are paying for the cruise are really into it.  It is like a pumped up cosplay convention in many senses.  Cost for cruise starts at $1800 a person based on double occupancy, with prices like that many people prefer to avoid "annoyances" (I am not stating that children under 13 are annoying but like anyone they can be).  Plus, who wants to pay $1800 for a 6 year old to go on a cruise that is generally aimed at people 20+.  

Open booking starts on Monday, January 14th for those who are not currently sailing on the Star Trek cruise.

@hlandrews12 I hope everything works out for you.  It's not fair that you should suffer for RC's miscommunications.

• Like 1