Later boarding?

faerievert

Our boarding time is listed as 1pm in San Diego, but it sounds like most people go much earlier. Our flight doesn't get in until 1pm, so we don't expect to get to the port until about 2pm. That shouldn't be a problem, right? I know we miss out on lunch, but as long as we're there before the deck drill it shouldn't be a big deal, I hope. Maybe even get on board without waiting. 

(please don't give me the get there the day ahead schpeal, I am well aware, and I hate cutting it this close, but it was go same day or don't go at all... we have a long layover at LAX and if there's any sign our connection will be delayed we'll drive down instead of flying)

Good idea about the driving except  the traffic can & usually is horrific   on the 405 into the 5 freeway which comes down to the cruise terminal exit & in itself could make you miss your cruise . This is experience with Southern Calif traffic since 1966   . If you need to get on & book  a last minute commuter plane to the SD airport & get uber ,lyft or taxi to  the cruise port . It is not more than a 10 minute ride from the Airport to the Cruise Terminal 

We  hope this info is of assistance to you 

Boarding the ship at 2 PM should get you directly into your stateroom & the safety drill is usually at 4 to 4:30 PM  .Then sail away right after the drill