Additional shore excursions?

elycelynne

I was wondering if Princess ever adds additional shore excursion departures if something is sold out?  As an example, for my upcoming Hawaii cruise I waited too long to book excursions and the one in Honolulu titled "Pearl Harbor History & Honolulu Highlights" is sold out, but there was only one departure scheduled.  I settled on a similar one called "Pearl Harbor, City Highlights & National Memorial Cemetery" which looks like it doesn't include scenic vistas like the sold out one does.  So is there any chance that Princess will add on to the sold out excursion, or am I out of luck?

When we wanted to do Pearl Harbor and the Arizona I looked at Princess pricing. At that time it was $99 per person. (No idea what that tour costs now.) The Arizona is free so you were mostly paying for a bus ride. I purchased tickets online for $1 each (the tickets guarantee you a time slot rather than waiting) and I rented a car for less than the cost of one person on the Princess tour. Three of us had the car for the day and it was a vastly better deal than booking through Princess. You may want to consider something of the sort rather than paying the Princess cost of the excursion you weren't able to book.

• Thanks 1

Princess does sometimes add one or more additional buses to a sold out excursion.  However, there may be limits at some of the venues that prohibits additional buses. 

Put yourself on the wait list and hope for the best.

1 hour ago, paul929207 said:

Princess does sometimes add one or more additional buses to a sold out excursion.  However, there may be limits at some of the venues that prohibits additional buses. 

Put yourself on the wait list and hope for the best.

There wasn't even a wait list option for this particular excursion.  I guess I'll keep checking for possible cancellations.