Celebrity Now Offering Three Perks on Selected Cruises

Wine-O

I just saw this for an April 2020 cruise on Summit as we were only looking at Royal's Freedom and Symphony.

My questions as we will be Diamond on Royal Caribbean on this timeline is the 3 free drinks from 5-8pm on Royal also available by Celebrity.  We are not huge drinkers and with only 1 sea day I cant see us having the benefit over Beverage package versus the  $300 onboard credit.

Balcony Offer! Book select categories and receive a FREE $75 per cabin onboard credit plus choose THREE of the following offers:
1. An additional $300 per cabin onboard credit (for a total per cabin onboard credit of $375), or
2. FREE pre-paid gratuities for two, or
3. A FREE Classic Beverage Package for two, which includes select alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages onboard, or
4. Unlimited Internet access for two.

53 minutes ago, ezemoney said:

I actually received 4 perks! don't know why but it shows up on my reservation. hope it holds up. by the way the 4th perk was a classic beverage pkg.

On the cruise I recently booked, Celebrity provided three perks, and my travel agent provided the fourth.  I suspect that may be what happened with you.  If you booked a suite, then you get all four perks, but you should get a premium beverage package.  

A couple of questions,

The price with the 3 perks is the exact same price that I paid with 2 perks.  I want to call and get the 3rd perk.  I only have $150 left to pay and final payment is due March 01.  Will they have to refund everything I have paid to my Credit Card and re bill my Credit Card?  Second question if I go with the Non Refundable Deposit and the price goes down before Final Payment will this block me from getting the lower price?

Thanks

1 minute ago, StuLaurie said:

A couple of questions,

The price with the 3 perks is the exact same price that I paid with 2 perks.  I want to call and get the 3rd perk.  I only have $150 left to pay and final payment is due March 01.  Will they have to refund everything I have paid to my Credit Card and re bill my Credit Card?  Second question if I go with the Non Refundable Deposit and the price goes down before Final Payment will this block me from getting the lower price?

Thanks

I do not know about the credit card issue, but I would suspect that the funds will simply transfer.  

Others have reported that they were able to take advantage of price reductions with a non refundable deposit.

On 1/5/2019 at 4:06 PM, micheleata said:

I did this  a few days ago.   It is non-refundable,  but if you have to cancel they 'fine' you $200 and the rest can be transferred to another cruise.    Our deposit was $900,  so $700 would be transferable.  After doing the math we are basically getting the drink package now for roughly $100 each for 10 nights!   🍸🍹🍷

My cruise is about 20 months out and I took the two (gratuities & classic drink package).  The third would have been the $300 OBC.  It's like betting $200 to win $300.  If we were within 12 months, I'd probably do it, but I passed.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2019 at 11:23 AM, helen haywood said:

May I ask the OP where you saw this new offer?  I went to the X site but saw nothing relating to this....just that it was now pick two perks.  I have final coming up later this month for a couple of cruises and wouldn't mind a non-refundable deposit....

It is on the website at least for some cruises - saw it for my 9/6/19 Reflection Cruise - but no good to me since the prices are considerably higher than when I booked it about a year ago.

22 hours ago, cruiserchuck said:

On the cruise I recently booked, Celebrity provided three perks, and my travel agent provided the fourth.  I suspect that may be what happened with you.  If you booked a suite, then you get all four perks, but you should get a premium beverage package.  

I booked thru celebrity web site. I'm in a 1A veranda room.  

Excuse me, more questions:
can I book all departures with all itineraries on board?
In September on equinox I couldn't book a cruise departing from Sydney to New Caledonia.
and since I would be interested in that specific cruise, do I book today that I have the 3 perks (non-refundable) or wait in March and book with 100 dollars?
Thank you!

I found the following wording:

Whatistheprocess/policyforbookingswithaNon-RefundableProgramthatchangeshipand sailing date?
Regardless of if the change generates more revenue, the change fee of $100 USD or $127 CAD per person change fee, depending on the currency of the booking, must be added. This change fee option code will only be applied if they are changing ship/date. No change fee if moving to another cat on same sailing, or re-pricing on same sailing.

It was posted on http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/CEL-Non-RefundableFAQs_Trade.pdf

My Dec 2019 sailing had only 1 perk. I switched to the non refundable deposit and got 3 fees r no added cost.  We have 4 rooms booked, and 2 of the rooms are less certain, so I added 1 more perk to those rooms.  The wording says we can still reprice or upgrade categories without losing the deposit.  

4 hours ago, flipflap78 said:

Excuse me, but if I book on board, don't I have the same advantages?
3 perks and with only $100 down payment?

Yes, as long as Celebrity is still offering the special deal.  You will also get the extra OBC for booking on board.

3 hours ago, flipflap78 said:

Excuse me, more questions:
can I book all departures with all itineraries on board?
In September on equinox I couldn't book a cruise departing from Sydney to New Caledonia.
and since I would be interested in that specific cruise, do I book today that I have the 3 perks (non-refundable) or wait in March and book with 100 dollars?
Thank you!

If the Sydney to New Caledonia was available for booking from home, I have a hard time believing it was not also available for booking on board.  Perhaps there was a misunderstanding?

You should confirm the expiration date for the 3 perk special Sale.

I took a look for my upcoming May 2019 cruise to see if the perks were better than what I currently had or if the rates had dropped.  I was shocked at how much the cruise had gone up for this sale! :classic_ohmy: Not only has the rate jumped  from $3089 pp to $4199 pp for an AQ since we booked Spetember, but we are already have 4 better perks for our sailing... 

1) Unlimited Internet   2) Prepaid Gratuities for two   3) Premium Beverage Package for two   4) $300 Onboard Credit .  Plus some extra OBC from our TA.