Celebrity Now Offering Three Perks on Selected Cruises

Wine-O

I just received a promotional email from Celebrity offering up to Three perks on selected cruises thru April 2021.  Two perks if you have a fully refundable deposit, and Three perks if you have a non-refundable deposit.  My two Alaska cruises in July qualify as does my Feb 2021 Argentina/Chile 14-night cruise.  It might be worthwhile to check all your current reservations if you haven't already hit the final payment window.  If you have airfare booked and have no intentions of cancelling your cruise, it might be worthwhile to check costs of converting your current refundable to a NRD to get the three perks.  You have to do the math.  

Edited by Wine-O
  • Like 1

I did this  a few days ago.   It is non-refundable,  but if you have to cancel they 'fine' you $200 and the rest can be transferred to another cruise.    Our deposit was $900,  so $700 would be transferable.  After doing the math we are basically getting the drink package now for roughly $100 each for 10 nights!   🍸🍹🍷

• Like 2

We all have different situations and perspectives on all of this, but it is always good to re-evaluate!  Thanks for the information.  I asked my TA what she could do...will hear back tomorrow!  I have had luck in the future, but that does not guarantee it will happen this time!

42 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Are they still running Go Best?  If so, can you buy 4th perc and get free upgrade to premium bev pkg?

You need to check with your TA to call Celebrity for that.

You really have to do the Math and cost them out between the refundable and non-refundable.   I found getting the 2nd perk on one cruise was no additional cost, but getting the 3rd perk would have cost more than what the perk was worth.  

I didn't receive an email but I was just looking on the web and found this deal. We recently booked a 7 night Europe cruise on the Apex to celebrate a very big occasion. We are paying for 3 Aqua class cabins and originally booked with "Go Best". I switched to this new deal with the non refundable deposit. We were also able to get the Military benefit for my veteran husband. All told our bills are north of $2000 less, after adding back the gratuities for the kids cabins. I will wait for a sale and upgrade 4 of the 6 drink packages to Premium and add unlimited internet for my husband. As Elite Plus we get a nice discount anyway. It didn't pay to book "Go Best" because the price was the same as the original booking.

I checked my current cruise as well as two others I am looking at.  None of them make sense under the new Promo.  The booked cruise is too close so the option of a 3rd perk isn't there and the price increase to cover the 2nd "free" perk is more expensive than it was to add to my current cruise.  For the two I am looking at, the price increase is more than the cost of the perks previously.

Some of you may do better but make sure you compare.

5 minutes ago, gordylad said:

thanks is that the same for both celebrity and any agency obc?

True for Celebrity and RC. Nonrefundable OBCs.  So use the OBC or lose it. Most (not always) TA OBCs are refundable back to you if you don't use it but will not carry over to another cruise. 

Edited by davekathy

Just now, helen haywood said:

May I ask the OP where you saw this new offer?  I went to the X site but saw nothing relating to this....just that it was now pick two perks.  I have final coming up later this month for a couple of cruises and wouldn't mind a non-refundable deposit....

I received the same offer in a promotional Email from Celebrity. The OP also did. 

10 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

So, not available to the general public?

Not sure about that. After checking prices I didn't save the Email as the three future Celebrity cruises we currently have booked are better deals. Call the Captains Club (1-800-760-0654) and ask about the promo Email.

Edited by davekathy

I booked a 12 night Canada/New England cruise (sept 2020) - in december, we used our $200 deposit that we had booked on a cruise earlier, we got $200 OBC and I added the gratuities - grand total cabin was $5792 for Balcony.  Thursday I saw this promotion, called TA (was on hold for 50 minutes) and got new pricing (still only giving $200 deposit) - total price is now $5227 - have same cabin, $300 OBC and gratuities.  I do not take the beverage or internet as we are now Elite and will get drinks during the happy hour and the free 90 minutes internet, which is enough time for us.  So this promo saved us $500, but we have 20 months to go and we will see what new promos give us.

On 1/6/2019 at 10:28 AM, helen haywood said:

So, not available to the general public?

Yes it is    I booked 2 days ago inline   You see the 3rd perk when you get to the payment page   There you have the option of refundable or non refundable     We have never not gone on our cruises in the last 15 years so non refundable is great for us

Then it must just be the sailing I'm looking at, Equinox April 20, 2019.  I only see the option of pick two perks and I went all the way to final.  Perhaps as it is so close to final payment the non-refundable option isn't offered.  And the price with two perks is $400 more than I already have it booked with.  Glad for those who can take advantage of the sale!

If anyone is interested in checking about getting an additional perk under the current offer,on an already booked cruise, I did and received the extra perk. I had booked a cruise while on board and got only one perk as that was the promotion at the time. My TA called and was able to get a second perk added due to the current offer of 2 perks for that cruise. I was very surprised!

We booked 2 new cruises onboard and both are eligible for the non-refundable 3rd perk.  We thought through on one which has a 50-50 chance of moving it a year out from 2020, and decided to stay put as moving it to non-refundable would end up with our losing $200 in booking/cancellation fees, $200 FCC OBC and $200 OBC compensation from a chartered cruise.

Edited by CEOofVacation