Funshops 18% delivery fee

RoperDK

12 hours ago, bargainsniper said:

I never saw the person who delivered the bottle we ordered on our last cruise.  

It was waiting in the room when we got there.

That has been my experience 

the few times I pre-ordered stuff from the website.

Usually, you get to your cabin and the stuff is there before you are.
If not, it'll turn up at some other time when you return to your cabin

Hotels have rooms. Ships have cabins!

Update.....I am the OP.  We cancelled our Funshop liquor order.  We have ordered liquor and mixers for the cabin many times.  We accepted that they were overpriced, but enjoyed having drinks on the balcony enough that we felt the cost was acceptable for us.  The added 18% delivery charge just didn't sit well with us, so we cancelled.  We went ahead and purchased Cheers.  We are on the border of the cost being in our favor, but there are other drink options to go along with the alcohol options, so I think we will end up feeling good about our choice.  

Dawn 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Hillbillygram said:

True. I wonder how many people Will no longer tip now with the 18% "delivery fee" being added to their purchases?

I wont. I assume carnival is using some of that fee money to pay the delivery people. If not, I dont even care how this sounds, that's between that worker and Carnival.

1 hour ago, RoperDK said:

Update.....I am the OP.  We cancelled our Funshop liquor order.  We have ordered liquor and mixers for the cabin many times.  We accepted that they were overpriced, but enjoyed having drinks on the balcony enough that we felt the cost was acceptable for us.  The added 18% delivery charge just didn't sit well with us, so we cancelled.  We went ahead and purchased Cheers.  We are on the border of the cost being in our favor, but there are other drink options to go along with the alcohol options, so I think we will end up feeling good about our choice.  

Dawn 

Good for you better for carnival. That delivery fee is ridiculous though either way. 

• Like 1

I had the same thing happen to me. I was ordering some things from the Fun Shops, and when I went to check out, I saw the fee, so I cancelled. I remembered that Carnival does not charge a fee for water or Cruise Cash so I ordered the water. One of the things that I like to order is the cookies as some of the money goes to St. Judes. Sorry Kids! I'll do the "Groove"!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cuppettmd said:

One of the things that I like to order is the cookies as some of the money goes to St. Judes. Sorry Kids! I'll do the "Groove"!

if the ship has the cherry on top candy store, i seen a few them have the st jude cookies you can buy

I seen that yesterday. I think this is my 60th cruise and starting to rethink my 4 cruises a yr.. Maybe just one and start traveling around the U.S. By the time you add pre nght and parking and the cost internet and a few drinks its getting out of hand for me. I cruised in Sept. and to buy internet up front it was 4 dollars a day. Now its 6.80 I think is what I seen. I'm not talking changing cruise line I think they are all about the same on the extra's.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cuppettmd said:

I had the same thing happen to me. I was ordering some things from the Fun Shops, and when I went to check out, I saw the fee, so I cancelled. I remembered that Carnival does not charge a fee for water or Cruise Cash so I ordered the water.

They charge the 18% delivery fee on water now.  The delivery fee was being charged on water for my two January 2018 cruises when the delivery fee was still 15%.  I didn't order any water because of it.  I won't order water again unless they drop the delivery fee on water.  That will obviously never happen.

Tax still isn't charged on water unless it comes with a cooler and cups.

8 hours ago, Tiger0613 said:

They charge the 18% delivery fee on water now.  The delivery fee was being charged on water for my two January 2018 cruises when the delivery fee was still 15%.  I didn't order any water because of it.  I won't order water again unless they drop the delivery fee on water.  That will obviously never happen.

Tax still isn't charged on water unless it comes with a cooler and cups.

You're right, I went back and looked and what I thought was sales tax was indeed a delivery fee. Things that make you go Hmmmm!

2 hours ago, Yanicka24 said:

I ordered water for our upcoming cruise. There was an 18% delivery fee in my invoice but since the total for two 12pks was only $9 I guess I didnt notice. Just confirmed with my receipt. 

Hmmmm then I guess I must've had a delivery fee on mine that I didn't notice.  

On 1/5/2019 at 5:19 PM, scpirate said:

They put it as a 18%delivery fee so you can still tip.carnival doesn't mind double dipping especially at the steak house where gratuity is included.they will obviously work you for additional money.

Who do you tip when it is waiting for you in the stateroom?

2 hours ago, Yanicka24 said:

I ordered water for our upcoming cruise. There was an 18% delivery fee in my invoice but since the total for two 12pks was only $9 I guess I didnt notice. Just confirmed with my receipt. 

Each 12pk is $4.50.  The total for two 12pks with an 18% delivery fee should be $10.62.

$4.50 × 2 = $9

$9 × 18% = $1.62

$9 + $1.62 = $10.62

Consider the delivery fee payment for having the booze waiting for you in the cabin when you board. Otherwise you can wait and order it through room service later for the same price. Even better pay by the drink at the bar. That will show Carnival. 😀😀😀

On 1/5/2019 at 9:40 PM, bingomamma19 said:

The waiter is getting tipped because he is providing you a service -- taking your order, bringing your food..uncorking the wine..pouring the wine..coming back to check on you...etc.

A bottle just dropped off in your room is not even close to being worthy of 18%..especially when that bottle is already 4x the cost of in a store.

We can split hairs over what the "service is". I would argue that bringing a bottle to a room is going to require just as much time and labor vs bringing it to your table and opening it, if not more.

Not that I agree with it. Tell me where my bottle is in either scenario. I would gladly go get it myself and save ~$10-$20

Edited by Joebucks

5 minutes ago, Tiger0613 said:

Each 12pk is $4.50.  The total for two 12pks with an 18% delivery fee should be $10.62.

$4.50 × 2 = $9

$9 × 18% = $1.62

$9 + $1.62 = $10.62

Yes that's exactly what I paid. I guess I didnt realize it was a "delivery fee" when I bought it. I'm used to paying tax or whatever so I dont really pay attention. 

So I have a cruise in November 2019 that I had already purchased the 12-pk water sometime last year and only paid $4.50.  However my September 2019 cruise I just decided to purchase the 12-pack and of course the delivery fee was added to it.  It really doesn't matter since the charge is so minimal, but there is no way I would order anything else ahead of time from the fun shops, and just wait till I'm onboard the ship.  I think they will lose a lot of sales this way and just aggravate the customers in general.