FTTF newbie with question

seashellsk

Newbie here, but know i want to get the FTTF faster to the fun package. I can't for the life of me figure out where to actually buy it nor did the Carnival phone support lady.

So, here is where i thought i would find it.

I have booked my cruise (on Jan 6, 2019) for a cruise leaving Oct 28, 2019. 

I opened Manage My Cruises after logging into my Carnival.com account.

I then selected the book excursions button under the shore excursions topic.

I scrolled down every single one available and nothing said anything about FTTF.

Am i looking in the wrong area? Has it not been released to select it yet? Has it sold out and i just have to keep checking to see if any open up? How the heck does this thing work buying it! 

If it's not showing up then it's either sold out or not available on your sailing. Sometimes they will open it back up depending on cancellations and etc. You really have to check everyday to find out. Join a Facebook group for your cruise. They sometimes will post when its available.

I’m sure someone will tell me I’m wrong but I don’t think FTTF opens up until around 6 months prior to sailing. Whenever it goes on sale, it will sell out quickly, so you have to keep checking everyday to see if it opens up again (if you haven’t gotten it already). It will likely open up more than once depending on the number of diamond and platinum cruisers, so it’s worth checking if you haven’t gotten it yet.

It will show up under the excursions, specifically for the home port. If it’s not showing yet, it’s because it’s not available for your cruise yet. Which is most likely the case. It’s not available for my Nov 2019 cruise yet either. Keep checking. 

If it's offered for your sailing it will be listed just where you were looking.  Select Port 1, which is always your port of embarkation, to reduce greatly the number of excursions to scroll through.

If already offered, it will be listed there even if sold out.  It may be to far out so you can just keep checking.

Edited by bury me at sea
  • Thanks 1

No, that is where it will be, although it is easier to find it if, once you click on shore excursions, you then filter the results by clicking on your departure port:

image.png.2d76365d991d5edac7af3c1724837279.png

If Faster to the Fun doesn't come up at all when you do that, either a) they haven't listed it for your cruise yet, or b) it won't be offered on your cruise, which I think is the case for all "Journeys" cruises that are extra long. If you are not on a Journeys cruise, my recommendation would be to check the website several times per day to catch it as soon as it is listed, as it often sells out very quickly because it is both limited and very popular. You can also join your Roll Call for your cruise on this website and see if there is a Facebook group for your cruise for you to join, as people will often post in those places when they see that Faster to the Fun has become available. Good luck!

Edited by bbtbear
  • Thanks 1

Just now, IronScott said:

I’m sure someone will tell me I’m wrong but I don’t think FTTF opens up until around 6 months prior to sailing. Whenever it goes on sale, it will sell out quickly, so you have to keep checking everyday to see if it opens up again (if you haven’t gotten it already). It will likely open up more than once depending on the number of diamond and platinum cruisers, so it’s worth checking if you haven’t gotten it yet.

FTTF has always opened up much earlier than 6 months out. I have always bought it at least 1 year out if not more. It seems to be a more recent thing that they are suddenly not opening it up until closer to the sailing date. Perhaps because there are more and more Plats and Diamonds, so they can sell less and less FTTF spots. 

10 minutes ago, bakersdozen12 said:

It will show up under the excursions, specifically for the home port. If it’s not showing yet, it’s because it’s not available for your cruise yet. Which is most likely the case. It’s not available for my Nov 2019 cruise yet either. Keep checking. 

Thank you for this post!!! I'm been trying to book it for my Nov 2019 cruise now for a very long time. Glad to hear it's not just me.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bakersdozen12 said:

FTTF has always opened up much earlier than 6 months out. I have always bought it at least 1 year out if not more. It seems to be a more recent thing that they are suddenly not opening it up until closer to the sailing date. Perhaps because there are more and more Plats and Diamonds, so they can sell less and less FTTF spots. 

Like you I have always purchased it about a year in advance. That's been my experience in watching for it to open up. This sailing I have coming up is the latest I have ever seen it open and it was still 11 months in advance. 

22 hours ago, bakersdozen12 said:

If that’s true then my cruise for December 2019 is not included. My 6 months comment is based on something I read here. Definitely could be wrong but there is nothing listed yet for my cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

In the past FTTF has always been on the first page of the shore excursions for our cruise.  Is this always the case?

We are booked for a late December cruise and they haven't listed FTTF in the excursions yet.  I check it every day, but only check the first page.  Has anyone ever seen it on a second or later page within the shore excursions?

On 1/6/2019 at 4:58 PM, bakersdozen12 said:

This is exactly what a CD said on a recent cruise during a Q&A session. A passenger asked why FTTF appeared to always be sold out (probably an exaggeration). The CD said the number of FTTF available on a cruise was directly related to the number of D&Ps on that cruise. This trend will likely continue as the number of platinums  continue to increase. 

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 4:49 PM, seashellsk said:

Newbie here, but know i want to get the FTTF faster to the fun package. I can't for the life of me figure out where to actually buy it nor did the Carnival phone support lady.

So, here is where i thought i would find it.

I have booked my cruise (on Jan 6, 2019) for a cruise leaving Oct 28, 2019. 

I opened Manage My Cruises after logging into my Carnival.com account.

I then selected the book excursions button under the shore excursions topic.

I scrolled down every single one available and nothing said anything about FTTF.

Am i looking in the wrong area? Has it not been released to select it yet? Has it sold out and i just have to keep checking to see if any open up? How the heck does this thing work buying it! 

List your phone number and have one of these experts call you!!

Then they can walk you though it....

Edited by Bernardo62