Allure specialty restaurants

Our group of 8 cruise on the Allure in just under 2 weeks. Picked up our packet from our travel agent today and we all received vouchers for 1 free specialty lunch and 1 free specialty dinner. We weren't going to do any specialty restaurants before so I never looked into them much.  Now that we have the vouchers I'm curious as to which restaurants people would recommend for lunch and dinner and what kinds of foods they serve. We can't book them until we are on the ship so availability could be part of the deciding factors, but trying to decide which ones to try to book. Any insight from those that have gone to them would be much appreciated.  

Another vote for 150CP !!!!!!!!! The food and service are always exceptional. My favorites are the flavored salts (and I never use salt) that come w/ bread service, butternut squash soup and tuna tartare. I'm full even before they bring my entree - and the cod will melt in your mouth.😊

We loved Giovanni's for lunch and Chops for dinner.  My family is more meat and potatoes than fancy foods and even though I tried to talk them into 150, I had no luck.   

Both restaurants were really good and when we go on Allure again in the summer, we will have the UDP and go to them as well as Samba which is another one we like.  We may do Sabor for lunch, but wouldn't waste a dinner going there.

We have done Giovanni's, Chops, Samba Grill and 150CP on the Allure and enjoyed them all.  I would agree with most that 150CP was our favorite with Chops being second.  Samba Grill was good and might be a good option for a group  (it's only open for dinner), it's a Brazilian style steakhouse and a lot of fun with plenty of food.

Edited by JeffT237

4 hours ago, jdg623 said:

Another vote for 150CP !!!!!!!!! The food and service are always exceptional. My favorites are the flavored salts (and I never use salt) that come w/ bread service, butternut squash soup and tuna tartare. I'm full even before they bring my entree - and the cod will melt in your mouth.😊

The salts were great. I believe they stoped serving them about a year ago when the menu changed. . 

36 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

The salts were great. I believe they stoped serving them about a year ago when the menu changed. . 

Our last Allure sailing was May 2017. New menu, still serving salts. We also had them on the Oasis last week. Allure's policies could differ. We were told the menu will be changing again, probably during their Amplified drydock. Our server didn't have any further details so not clear if they'll continue to serve them, but fingers tightly crossed. 🤞

17 hours ago, CaribbeanLover22 said:

Our group of 8 cruise on the Allure in just under 2 weeks. Picked up our packet from our travel agent today and we all received vouchers for 1 free specialty lunch and 1 free specialty dinner. We weren't going to do any specialty restaurants before so I never looked into them much.  Now that we have the vouchers I'm curious as to which restaurants people would recommend for lunch and dinner and what kinds of foods they serve. We can't book them until we are on the ship so availability could be part of the deciding factors, but trying to decide which ones to try to book. Any insight from those that have gone to them would be much appreciated.  

We love the steak house. You  might want to try it for dinner. 

Was on Allure in August. Now while I have had Chops on every RC cruise I have been on and enjoyed it every time. This was my first time going to 150CP, my DW and I enjoyed it even more. Service and food was top notch.