Straw in soda cup

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 3:49 AM, SausPud said:

Just a thought, How about we have a drink without a straw at all?

Because we don't want too.

Not going to let some environmentalist  wackos determine my preferences,..

• Like 1

I want a straw.  I want a plastic straw and not a paper straw.  I don't want to have to carry a straw around, clean a straw, dry a straw etc.  I don't want to have to bring something to carry straws around with me.  Off to go stock up on single use straws.

4 hours ago, SausPud said:

You go get your straws and you suck

Away, then when the oceans aren't safe to use anaymore then we know who to blame.

Right, my little plastic straw is going to kill the oceans.   How pathetic you "greenies" are??   Go to China, or Brazil, or Saudi Arabia, or just about any other country in the whole world who don't give a damn about the environment and clean up their mess, then come back and preach to me!!!   Yep, they can dump chemicals and raw sewage into the oceans, but my little plastic straw (if it somehow is mishandled) and finds its way into the ocean, that's what will destroy life as we know it!!!   Sad, just sad!!!

• Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 4:28 PM, ULCajunCruiser said:

Right, my little plastic straw is going to kill the oceans.   How pathetic you "greenies" are??   Go to China, or Brazil, or Saudi Arabia, or just about any other country in the whole world who don't give a damn about the environment and clean up their mess, then come back and preach to me!!!   Yep, they can dump chemicals and raw sewage into the oceans, but my little plastic straw (if it somehow is mishandled) and finds its way into the ocean, that's what will destroy life as we know it!!!   Sad, just sad!!!

Yep it's sad. Sad that you think it is just about your single straw, and not the other 500 million per day that is used in the US alone. Oh.. other countries pollute, so therefor we should do nothing? Straws are just the tiny tip of the iceberg, but you have to start somewhere. 

Oh another thing that is sad... 1 straw can kill 1 turtle.... Just outside of our Hospice House, we had to rush one to a vet about 6 weeks ago, and luckily they were able to get it out of his throat. What was it?? A straw, and half a bottle cap. The turtle was in such distress, that we were able to pick it up, put it in the car, drive two blocks to the vet, and it never retracted back into its shell. Luckily, the turtle was returned to where we know it came from after about 3 hours... alive and well. The vet said it would not have been able to clear on its own, and would have eventually died. 

Also, it is sad that you call people "pathetic" that want to do whatever they can to not destroy this one and only planet that we have. 

• Like 5

On 1/9/2019 at 1:01 AM, Dennis#1 said:

Grandeur had plastic straws on our Dec. 1, 2018 cruise.

We were on Grandeur Jan 24-Feb 2, and it was all cardboard, which changes the flavor of frappuccinos. :(

We found a Starbucks in port, and brought back several of their straws to use for the rest of the cruise. 

I'd definitely pack a bag of plastic straws from the dollar store on my next cruise.

• Like 1