Buying discounted cruise cards

jsscuba2

Usually in April, they are sold online through eBay or some other deal site for 15% off. There is usually a limit of 3.

Many grocery stores will sell them with perks like fuel discounts. Depending any credit card bonuses, you may also get 5% cash back. 

3 hours ago, jsscuba2 said:

Which companies sell discounted Carnival discounted gift cards beside Allatate and AARP.

You can do the AARP ones just by taking the quizzes.  You don't have to be over 50 or join AARP.   The quizzes are very easy .

I just did enough last month to buy 2750 in gift cards for carnival

• Like 1

On 1/9/2019 at 10:58 AM, bury me at sea said:

I have read posts saying Krogers and Publix (?) have sold Carnival gift cards, not at a discount, but somehow with dollars off gas purchases.

I haven't read of any sources for discounted cards other than Allstate and AARP.

Our grocery store, Hy-Vee, had a Black Friday event: for every $100 in gift cards you got a free $20 Hy-Vee gift card and $.10 off fuel. So we bought enough Carnival gift cards to pay off our cruise and got $200 in free Hy-Vee gift cards which we plan on buying $200 worth of Carnival gift cards with. Also got what amounted to 30 gallons of gas for free. Best deal ever!

• Like 2

On 1/9/2019 at 8:58 AM, Twintowngirl said:

My sister gets hers through a credit card perk program...but I don't know which cards offer this. I am sure others will chime in with more information.

America express gives you 100 back for spending 500.00

• 1 month later...
On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 1:24 PM, bingomamma19 said:

You can do the AARP ones just by taking the quizzes.  You don't have to be over 50 or join AARP.   The quizzes are very easy .

which is why I am no longer a AAPR member, when they give these cards out at a discount, to non members ...It diminished the benfits for members..

mike

3 hours ago, monykalyn said:

newegg.com was selling $200 carnival cards for $185 with a discount code, for the $200 cards only. seems that stock comes in and out frequently?

I bought one of these the other day when someone else posted the link!  It was a one day flash sale only.  I've bought other things from Newegg before, but didn't know they held flash sales.  Got an email from them this morning indicating the same e-gift card sale for Carnival.  I clicked on the link within an hour after receiving it, but they were already sold out.  Not sure how you can really sell out of e-gift cards.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mpdog42 said:

which is why I am no longer a AAPR member, when they give these cards out at a discount, to non members ...It diminished the benfits for members..

mike

that's too bad...I am an AARP member and the benefits far out weigh the membership costs.   I get great discounts at hotels that more than pay for my membership many times over

10 hours ago, PlanoDebbie said:

Not sure how you can really sell out of e-gift cards.

Companies offer a limited number of cards (electronic or physical) at a discounted prices. If you ran a business, would you offer a 5-10% discounted price on every gift card you ever sold?

On 1/11/2019 at 1:49 AM, BigCruze said:

America express gives you 100 back for spending 500.00

This is the best savings IMO but can only be used for cabin, port and taxes, and pre paid gratuities. The current offer expires 3/31 but I’ve found they run it several times each year. My American Express Blue and Everyday cards always get the offer and then my Delta never does but when the new offer first comes out some nice CCer will post a link that enables you to add to a card that doesn’t get it. You can also load the offer on additional card holder cards.

1 hour ago, bingomamma19 said:

that's too bad...I am an AARP member and the benefits far out weigh the membership costs.   I get great discounts at hotels that more than pay for my membership many times over

I usually get the military rate, so that's not too bad, that wasn't my only reason for leaving AARP. Politics was one but I was trying to make a overall point. Sorry OP.

mike

On 1/9/2019 at 2:24 PM, bingomamma19 said:

How do you do the quizzes?  I go on the website all the time and I can't figure out how to do anything but buy the gift cards.  Thanks in advance