How is this an “upgrade”?

wardamnweagle

We always book deck 6 or higher. We do interior which we are fine with. We like the dark for sleeping anyway but anytime I've been offered an "upgrade" it's been to deck 2. Never an upgrade in my opinion. I'm ok not seeing the water that up close and personal. I know what the engine vibrations can be deck 6 and higher I cant imagine what they are on deck 2. Just my personal preference I guess. 

14 minutes ago, Yanicka24 said:

We always book deck 6 or higher. We do interior which we are fine with. We like the dark for sleeping anyway but anytime I've been offered an "upgrade" it's been to deck 2. Never an upgrade in my opinion. I'm ok not seeing the water that up close and personal. I know what the engine vibrations can be deck 6 and higher I cant imagine what they are on deck 2. Just my personal preference I guess. 

Right?! 

I just received an offer to move from a porthole to a balcony for $272, a 4-nighter on the Victory.  No, thanks!  My last offer was $44 to move from a porthole to a large, corner 4J (interior with walkway) on deck 10, 6 nights on the Conquest.  I took that one.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Yanicka24 said:

Agreed. I like being closer to the fun where I don't have to rely on elevators.

OP,

Have you cruised in a PT Cabin before?  If so, ignore what I'm about to say, because if you like the location, that's all that matters. 🙂

I booked a PT once, and loved the room, the little window seat area under the cute port holes. And, the view without the extra OV cost was a no brainer!

But, yeah but, I didn't like the noise. Or should I be more precise the BANGING/SLAPPING OF SOMETHING HARD against our cabin, EVERYDAY.  I assumed the anchor, maybe big chains, or big heavy ropes????? Thank goodness just a short cruise out of our local port (Long Beach). 

I didn't bring ear plugs, don't drink (so I could pass out 😳), no sound machine either. Perhaps one or all three would have helped to sleep & to sleep later. 

Yes, still had a nice time. Just don't book the "free" ocean view anymore. 🛳

🌸🌸 Bobbi 

5 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

OP,

Have you cruised in a PT Cabin before?  If so, ignore what I'm about to say, because if you like the location, that's all that matters. 🙂

I booked a PT once, and loved the room, the little window seat area under the cute port holes. And, the view without the extra OV cost was a no brainer!

But, yeah but, I didn't like the noise. Or should I be more precise the BANGING/SLAPPING OF SOMETHING HARD against our cabin, EVERYDAY.  I assumed the anchor, maybe big chains, or big heavy ropes????? Thank goodness just a short cruise out of our local port (Long Beach). 

I didn't bring ear plugs, don't drink (so I could pass out 😳), no sound machine either. Perhaps one or all three would have helped to sleep & to sleep later. 

Yes, still had a nice time. Just don't book the "free" ocean view anymore. 🛳

🌸🌸 Bobbi 

Should I expect banging on the very front of the ship, like facing forward, on deck 6? The only complaints I could find were the same room on deck 5 that there was a door to the main walkway that could be high traffic. 

17 hours ago, wardamnweagle said:

Should I expect banging on the very front of the ship, like facing forward, on deck 6? The only complaints I could find were the same room on deck 5 that there was a door to the main walkway that could be high traffic. 

We were on the Inspiration in 2014.  To my knowledge the PT Cabins are only in the Foreward Section of the Ship. We certainly were, on Deck 5. That's where we heard the NOISES I described in my prior post to you. IF there were just regular people noises, those didn't affect my sleep. 

I can only comment on my experience in the cabin we were assigned to, but I hope it helps in making a decision. 

🌸🌸 Bobbi 

I wouldn't take this offer either, but I can tell you that it's considered an upsell because the PT category is an Inside cabin.  So, technically it is a better room in Carnival's point of view.  That being said, we love the PT cabins (even with the noise during rough seas).

• Thanks 1

It may depend on the ship.  On some of the ship that cabin number is an L shaped cabin, which some like because the bathroom and closets are laid out differently than a regular cabin so it’s not a crowded in the entry hallway.  Maybe you mentioned the ship, but I missed it.  Here’s a video for 2450 on the Breeze. 

https://youtu.be/vY9FiNIV3DE

Edited by Willwork4cruises
Sp

18 minutes ago, Willwork4cruises said:

It may depend on the ship.  On some of the ship that cabin number is an L shaped cabin, which some like because the bathroom and closets are laid out differently than a regular cabin so it’s not a crowded in the entry hallway.  Maybe you mentioned the ship, but I missed it.  Here’s a video for 2450 on the Breeze. 

https://youtu.be/vY9FiNIV3DE

I think that nailed it. I was able to find pics online and it does have a long hallway with closets next to the bed and two windows. So not as bad as the deal originally appeared, but not worth the $$$. Plus we are staying in the room next to my in-laws and we get along great! So it would kinda stink to be across the ship from them. 

Now if I were staying next to my parents, we probably would have jumped at the upgrade 🤣