The South American and Antarctic experience on the Zaandam

scubacruiserx2

2 minutes ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

You're welcome , thank you for your kind words . Are you planning a trip there ?

I sailed on Emerald Princess from Buenos Aires to San Antonio in March 2018 and had a wonderful time but we didn't go to Antarctica. My next cruise is a Land of the Midnight Sun cruise to Norway in June. Your photos are really inspiring me to plan a trip to Antarctica in the future as I would love to go there. I look forward to reading the rest of your review. 

4 minutes ago, PurpleTraveller said:

I sailed on Emerald Princess from Buenos Aires to San Antonio in March 2018 and had a wonderful time but we didn't go to Antarctica. My next cruise is a Land of the Midnight Sun cruise to Norway in June. Your photos are really inspiring me to plan a trip to Antarctica in the future as I would love to go there. I look forward to reading the rest of your review. 

Nice we love Princess .We did Norway in the Fall so we did't have the Midnight Sun .We did make some nice friends from Sydney on the Zaandam in 2013 and we would love get to OZ and dive the GBR .

3 hours ago, PurpleTraveller said:

Did Midnight Sun on the Viking Star in July 2018.  It was awesome.  Such a thrill to watch sun set, never touch the horizon and then rise again.  Enjoy.

1 hour ago, GeoNomad said:

If it is of use to you in placing your photos, here is the link to the GPS locations of the ship during the cruise:

http://imgfound.com/Zaandam181218.csv

At this point in time the previous app seems to be the most useful . Here's a screen shot from the Brujo Glacier and you can also see Torres Del Paine , El Calafate , Puerto Bandera ( where we took a glacier cruise ) and at the end of route 11 , in yellow , is the Perito Moreno glacier .

Screenshot%202019-02-02%2010.23.25_zpsce

• Like 1

On 2/2/2019 at 1:55 PM, scubacruiserx2 said:

More scenic cruising

IMG_8396%20-%20Copy_zpshelw81mh.jpg

Does anybody else see a ladies face on the mountain on the left ?

IMG_8482%20-%20Copy_zpsg9hkt3lv.jpg

Yes close to the horizon, glancing down at the lower slopes. Looking down that same slope I’m not convinced she’s appropriately dressed for such climes!

Edited by caneable
Double posting

On 2/2/2019 at 3:25 PM, TayanaLorna said:

Did Midnight Sun on the Viking Star in July 2018.  It was awesome.  Such a thrill to watch sun set, never touch the horizon and then rise again.  Enjoy.

Yes we really enjoyed that moment too, almost like a skimming stone!

We had arrived at a penguin colony

IMG_8774_zpsvxxw43ea.jpg

And the Captain was moving the ship around so that both sides of the ship could see it

IMG_8776_zps3jyhwvfl.jpg

We didn't get too close to the mountain though

IMG_8797_zpsxuud3qpd.jpg

IMG_2738_zpstwnjplnw.jpg

Telephoto time

IMG_2665_zpsjtzxm9rc.jpg

The brown trails were made by the penguins and we could smell them

IMG_2679_zpsx6mxwb2f.jpg