Cruise Booking Rate- Past Guest or Early Saver?

Shaded Lady

Can someone please tell me how I can find out what rate I booked under? I've checked my confirmation email, my booking on Carnival- I can't find it anywhere. I emailed my PVP but she's on vacation.

I want to check into what the policy is for cancellation or name change on a cruise, but without knowing what rate I booked, I can't tell... Can anyone tell me? I guess if I had to I could call the Carnival 1-800 number, but I figured one of you would know where to point me!

Thanks everyone- my PVP saw my email and responded to me, even on her vacation! It's Early Saver...

bury me at sea- thanks for the tip, even though I got the answer from her, I'll still check the email, so I'll know for future!

And thank heavens, it's not for hubby or me! We're  GOING ON THAT CRUISE! I'm just worried that my son in law will find some excuse to bail last minute- my daughter and grandson will go regardless... I just need the ammunition to explain to him why he has 2 options should he decide the week before the cruise that some excuse is good enough to cancel. He can pick one of 2 choices:

1. Cruising
  2. Death

Those are the only choices I'm going to give him!

I really don't see it as an issue, but I gave them a $100 Carnival gift card at Christmas for a romantic dinner at the steakhouse on our cruise... my daughter was really pleased, he seemed underwhelmed! I think it's because he's never cruised, is a little nervous, and hasn't caught the bug yet! Usually he's a real foodie and I expected more enthusiasm from him.

But forearmed is my favorite place to be- I would hate not being able to guilt him into coming on the cruise because I didn't exactly how much he was costing us if he lets his nerves overcome his excitement!

• Haha 1

In the future, if you want to know if you are booked under Early Saver or Past Guest, then log into your Cruise Manager, and in your cruise details click on “Is there a penalty for canceling this booking?” As long as you are not past final payment, then it will show $0 if booked under Past Guest, whereas under Early Saver, it will show an amount equal to $50 per person. 

Edited by bakersdozen12

4 hours ago, Earthworm Jim said:

As an aside, to me the Past Guest rate is worth the few dollars extra for the ability to cancel, since we book long in advance. It's usually only about $20 more.

This is what I find consistently on the cruises I'm looking at/book. It's a no brainer for me.