Pricing concerns on Celebrity Edge

kelmac

So, Edge cruises have finally made it onto the Tuesday Exciting Deals list:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/promo-controller?promo_type_id=66&promotion=lto_66

Verandahs are around $1600 and up. No perks, of course, although they offered Go Best for $850 per person during a test booking. Possibly worth it if you're going to buy the drink package.

Edited by MisterBill99

Getting back to the Edge. Did a mock booking for Dec, 2020 for a SV cabin, and the total with Classic drinks and $300.00 OBB plus grats and ins, came to about $3500.00, which I felt was pretty fair, considering a new ship. However, doing the same for 2019 gave me the same ridiculous prices they've had. For the life of me, I can't understand their logic.

Sunset Verandas are always popular..  And now even more so on EDGE with so many Inf Veranda cabins for the mainstream.

There are a limited number of SVs and they offer  a larger cabin with a  true outside balcony!

3 hours ago, deliver42 said:

Getting back to the Edge. Did a mock booking for Dec, 2020 for a SV cabin, and the total with Classic drinks and $300.00 OBB plus grats and ins, came to about $3500.00, which I felt was pretty fair, considering a new ship. However, doing the same for 2019 gave me the same ridiculous prices they've had. For the life of me, I can't understand their logic.

Supply and demand. Once they book some percentage of available cabins, the price goes up. Same thing as happened with the initial dates.