Grandeur - Concierge or Suite Lounge

LorraineP

1 hour ago, jamscckmc said:

So the D+ can use that lounge which would make diamond longer less crowded?

The D lounge is tiny on Grandeur but they have used the whole area outside as overflow.  There were plenty seats and waiters with a nice view of the wake.  I have not been on Grandeur in about 2 years so do not know if overflow is still allowed with the new directive from Miami.  Although cruisers have confirmed that Serenade is now doing overflow again in VCL when that has not been the case last year. 

5 minutes ago, George C said:

Bob do any of the ships smaller than voyager class have a suite lounge? 

Thanks

Not as of today.

I would be surprised if they retrofitted Vision or Radiance class ships with a Suite Lounge.

28 minutes ago, George C said:

Bob do any of the ships smaller than voyager class have a suite lounge? 

Thanks

There's really no point.  Vision class doesn't have a lot of suites so there's room in the CL for D+ and Pinnacles.  Even on 12 night cruises when there are more higher tier cruisers, we've always been able to find a seat in the CL.  We love the CL on Grandeur and will be on again April 6 for a 12 night southern Caribbean.

Edited by BND

12 hours ago, BND said:

There's really no point.  Vision class doesn't have a lot of suites so there's room in the CL for D+ and Pinnacles.  Even on 12 night cruises when there are more higher tier cruisers, we've always been able to find a seat in the CL.  We love the CL on Grandeur and will be on again April 6 for a 12 night southern Caribbean.

We will see you in the lounge.  We are on the same cruise.

13 hours ago, BND said:

We were on Grandeur over Christmas/NY (3 weeks ago) and Francis told us that they WILL be converting the CL into a SL at some point.  He said that they will not wait for a drydock but will just make the change at some arbitrary point and then D+ will no longer be invited into the new SL.  I have no idea when then that will happen but I fully expect it will given that it has already happened on Rhapsody.

On Grandeur, the door between the CL and the Viking Crown typically is opened at the start of the evening cocktail time to permit overflow from CL - at least this is done on the February 12 night cruises.  This also is done to permit easier access for those with disabilities - e.g., scooters.

1 hour ago, SnorkelAway said:

On Grandeur, the door between the CL and the Viking Crown typically is opened at the start of the evening cocktail time to permit overflow from CL - at least this is done on the February 12 night cruises.  This also is done to permit easier access for those with disabilities - e.g., scooters.

Yes, it's always open, but it's not always needed for overflow.  Hopefully they'll wait to convert it to a SL after our next cruise.  Since it's a 12 night, there will be a lot of D and above onboard which makes the DL a lot more crowded.  The DL is just way too busy and it can be hard to even get a couple of appetizers which is what we do.  We don't fill up an entire plate multiple times like some.  

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

We were on Grandeur over Christmas/NY (3 weeks ago) and Francis told us that they WILL be converting the CL into a SL at some point.  He said that they will not wait for a drydock but will just make the change at some arbitrary point and then D+ will no longer be invited into the new SL.  I have no idea when then that will happen but I fully expect it will given that it has already happened on Rhapsody.

As I said, there isn't really any necessity to do so. The CL always has seats unlike larger ships with a lot more suites.  I wonder if Francis will be there in April.  We've had him as concierge several times and he's very friendly.

4 hours ago, SnorkelAway said:

3 cruises on Grandeur in a suite, every time they had the door open.  Som people just prefer to sit out there, and it is also handicap accessible, which the normal entry is not.

27 minutes ago, SRF said:

3 cruises on Grandeur in a suite, every time they had the door open.  Som people just prefer to sit out there, and it is also handicap accessible, which the normal entry is not.

Better view outside of the CL IMO.  Plus I can sit in the red couches facing each other then with my wife and kids....which are more comfy than those retro post modern yellow leatherish style chairs 😉

• 1 month later...