Iona Construction ?

jaydee6969

17 hours ago, Addict said:

Just curious, when is everyone due to sail on Iona?  We've probably all mentioned it at some time or another but wondering who is due to be on the earliest cruises?  We are scheduled for 14 November 2020.

Last month I booked a cruise on Iona for April next year.

24 minutes ago, ozzysdad said:

We are due onboard on the 24th October which if it gets the go ahead will be the Maiden I'm more hopeful than optimistic.

I think we're all hopeful.  I am keeping fingers crossed for the sailings before ours.  Let you lot be the guinea pigs. ha ha

2 minutes ago, Addict said:

I think we're all hopeful.  I am keeping fingers crossed for the sailings before ours.  Let you lot be the guinea pigs. ha ha

I dont mind, back up is Azura for two weeks in April.

2 minutes ago, ozzysdad said:

I dont mind, back up is Azura for two weeks in April.

We haven't booked anything else.  Our plan is to book last minute once things start to get back to normal (if Iona doesn't sail).

42 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Is there any more news about the handover (or not) of Iona to P&O ?

Not heard anything further since Tim Meyer's interview which was widely reported. There are rumours but they cannot be substantiated at the moment.

I know this thread is P&O Iona, but this is interesting and might be relevant.  Costa Cruises currently running an Ad......

"All those “say cheese!” moments are about to come back! And your smiles onboard will be brighter than ever."

Sounds like an announcement could come soon?  Maybe?  I'm sure when once comes back, they all will.  Could be wishful thinking. LOL

With Costa being predominantly Italian passengers, I’d expect they could resume ahead of P&O as the virus is about a month ahead on their timescale.

This may be the first we see of any new Carnival Corp group wide health measures.

1 hour ago, molecrochip said:

With Costa being predominantly Italian passengers, I’d expect they could resume ahead of P&O as the virus is about a month ahead on their timescale.

This may be the first we see of any new Carnival Corp group wide health measures.

Sea Dream and Hurtigruten have both completed their first cruises.  Different, smaller types of ships, but hopefully it's a sign of getting back to some sort of normality.  Whatever that may be at the moment!

Interesting to see that Carnival Cruise Line has just announced that their new ship Mardi Gras will not now sail until February next year. She is currently under construction at Meyer Turku. She was originally due in August.

On 7/7/2020 at 9:37 AM, Britboys said:

Interesting to see that Carnival Cruise Line has just announced that their new ship Mardi Gras will not now sail until February next year. She is currently under construction at Meyer Turku. She was originally due in August.

Yeah, well, whose idea was it to put a rollercoaster on top of a cruise ship!

On another thread I've just said: ... I'll predict this. Iona's first passenger cruise will be after October.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Yeah, well, whose idea was it to put a rollercoaster on top of a cruise ship!

On another thread I've just said: ... I'll predict this. Iona's first passenger cruise will be after October.

I'll admit to not being very interested in the different cruise ships but I couldn't believe the pictures yesterday. That's a roller coaster, is it? I thought it was a mono-rail. Quite off putting, can you imagine the noise under that.

• Like 2

I see RCI's new-build Odyssey of the Seas, which was due to start sailing from Fort Lauderdale in November, will now not be debuting until April when she will sail Eastern Med itineraries out of Rome. She was due to be sailing to the Bahamas and Caribbean this winter.

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

I see RCI's new-build Odyssey of the Seas, which was due to start sailing from Fort Lauderdale in November, will now not be debuting until April when she will sail Eastern Med itineraries out of Rome. She was due to be sailing to the Bahamas and Caribbean this winter.

We sailed from Civitaveccia on RCI last September. We transferred by train. Not the favourite of my DW. After a bit of a struggle, I had to help her carry the cases up the stairs at the station.🤔

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

We sailed from Civitaveccia on RCI last September. We transferred by train. Not the favourite of my DW. After a bit of a struggle, I had to help her carry the cases up the stairs at the station.🤔

The biggest problem with Civitaveccia is that it is so far from the airport.  We try to avoid embarking there at all costs.  In fact, we must be quite good at it, as, of 40 cruises, we've never embarked there. 🤣

10 minutes ago, Addict said:

The biggest problem with Civitaveccia is that it is so far from the airport.  We try to avoid embarking there at all costs.  In fact, we must be quite good at it, as, of 40 cruises, we've never embarked there. 🤣

After about 25 cruises ( we will both get the naughty step for mentioning the number of cruises )this was the first time for us from Civitaveccia. I hope the last. If we do that again ,we will factor in a taxi. About 120 Euro I think. Barcelona is good and Venice is ( was?) Good. It seems like Athens may be an embarkation port soon for a few cruise lines.

7 minutes ago, zap99 said:

After about 25 cruises ( we will both get the naughty step for mentioning the number of cruises )this was the first time for us from Civitaveccia. I hope the last. If we do that again ,we will factor in a taxi. About 120 Euro I think. Barcelona is good and Venice is ( was?) Good. It seems like Athens may be an embarkation port soon for a few cruise lines.

I find it strange that people are offended if someone has cruised more than them.  I have many friends that have cruised WAY more than us, at least in the hundreds.  I don't know what there is to get upset about, we did our first cruise once too, and hopefully we can give advice (if asked for).  I agree Barcelona is a great port to embark, easy taxi ride.  Venice can be tricky.