Lahaina Car Rental

MillbrookMom

A little Google searching, and reading here on the board would reveal the nearest rental sites are north (about 10 minutes drive) of Lahaina  (Budget, National and Enterprise) and the rest at at the West Maui Airport. None really close to the tender site in Lahaina.

On 1/22/2019 at 9:37 PM, eltigre said:

That is our dilema. How does one get to Kaanapali to get the car? Last trip there we were on the Kahului side & lots of rentals there.

We rented from Budget in Kaanapali and they had a shuttle bus to and from the port area. If the shuttle is crowded, they will only let the driver on; if there's room, they'll transport your passengers, too. The three of us were able to get a ride both ways the end of December. There's also Lyft/Uber.

• 2 weeks later...

We have rented with Enterprise and they do not have a shuttle.  So we will pay the $20 bucks by cab to their location in Kanaapali  (we are two couples so we split it).  The rate is pretty cheap for us as it is a corporate rate of $30.00 unlimited.  Have not figured out the parking yet.  But from what I am gathering there are a few overnight parking lots that cost $25 to $27 for the night.  Might even see if we are allowed to not return to ship until the following day.  It would be nice to spend the night at a hotel in Kanaapali (we have points for Sheratons, Hiltons and various others.)   Still in the planning phase here.  

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:37 PM, eltigre said:

Last trip there we were on the Kahului side & lots of rentals there.

With fewer rental cars in the West Maui area they are generally more expensive than in Kahului and can even be sold-out.

We have our car reserved with Enterprise in West Maui for two complete days.   Great corporate rate and will pay whatever they want on top of that for the best of insurance  so that I am completely covered every way to Sunday because I am going to park that car for one night in a parking lot near the pier in Lahaina for between $25 and $27.  If I can make it back to the car rental location prior to 4:30 pm (their closing time) after going to visit Haleakala, then obviously I will drop it off and return to the ship.  Otherwise, into the parking lot the car will go and we will pick it up the following morning as soon as we can get off the ship by tender and we will visit the beach at Kaanapali prior to returning the car to West Maui location.

We are two couples so we split the entire cost of car rental, gas, cabs.   Ship tour to visit Haleakala is $217 per person.  Outrageous.       I visited Haleakala  several years ago with Princess and the price was nothing like RCCL's price  and it did take the better part of the day leaving at 8:30 am and returning at 2:30 pm, but they threw in a tasteless little lunch, so we prefer to attempt it ourselves this time.  My husband and my friends have not seen the beauty of Haleakala so this excursion for us is a must do.

7 hours ago, aussiecruiser275 said:

Hyatt regency Maui has a rental  depot . Which we’ve organised a rental from for our upcoming visit .  I think we will just get a Uber  / taxi  to get there only a short ride . Can even return the car after hours as well

Did you just call the hotel directly? Which rental companies do they have?

• 4 weeks later...
Hi all,

Yes, people can drop off the car AFTER HOURS at the Hyatt Regency Location of Hertz, however, read the small print - YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO THE vehicle until Hertz has inspected and accepted it on the next day that the return location is opened for business.      Myself I like to have a person inspect the car upon my return. So I would never just drop off the car and hope for the better. 

Maui, Kaanapali-Lahaina - Hyatt Regency
200 Nohea Kai Drive 
Maui (Kaanapali-Lahaina) , Hawaii  96761 
United States
Show Nearby Locations
Phone: (808) 661-4368
Fax: (808) 661-7734/
Location Type: Corporate
Hours of Operation: Mon-Sun 8:00AM-4:00PM
Additional Information

Please note: Credit Cards and Debit Cards may be used to qualify at the start of the rental; however, there are some restrictions regarding the use of a Debit Card. To qualify for a rental using a Debit Card, you need to be at least 25 years of age. You will be required to present two (2) valid forms of identification and one (1) of the following: (a) provide a Corporate Discount Plan (CDP) number; or (b) proof of a round-trip travel ticket to coincide with the rental dates (airline or cruise ship). You may use a Debit Card without meeting the above requirements if the Debit Card is already included in your Gold Plus Rewards profile, or if the rental is a Replacement Rental through a participating provider. Debit Cards are accepted for final payment at the end of your rental, regardless of the method used to qualify at the start of the rental. Please refer to Forms of Payment in the Rental Qualifications & Requirements for complete information.

• Special Services at this Location
  • After hours drop off available – You are responsible for any damage to the vehicle until Hertz has inspected and accepted it on the next day that the return location is opened for business. Please park the vehicle in the hotel self parking and place the keys and the rental agreement completed with the mileage, fuel level and date/time of return in the key box located on the left side of the Hotel Valet stand (right of the hotel lobby entrance).
  • Please see qualifications and requirements for details
  • Gold Counter Service
  • NeverLost®
  • Hand Controls
  • Infant Seat
  • Child Seat
  • Booster Seat

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2019 at 7:57 PM, pink845 said:

We have our car reserved with Enterprise in West Maui for two complete days.   Great corporate rate and will pay whatever they want on top of that for the best of insurance  so that I am completely covered every way to Sunday because I am going to park that car for one night in a parking lot near the pier in Lahaina for between $25 and $27.  If I can make it back to the car rental location prior to 4:30 pm (their closing time) after going to visit Haleakala, then obviously I will drop it off and return to the ship.  Otherwise, into the parking lot the car will go and we will pick it up the following morning as soon as we can get off the ship by tender and we will visit the beach at Kaanapali prior to returning the car to West Maui location.

We are two couples so we split the entire cost of car rental, gas, cabs.   Ship tour to visit Haleakala is $217 per person.  Outrageous.       I visited Haleakala  several years ago with Princess and the price was nothing like RCCL's price  and it did take the better part of the day leaving at 8:30 am and returning at 2:30 pm, but they threw in a tasteless little lunch, so we prefer to attempt it ourselves this time.  My husband and my friends have not seen the beauty of Haleakala so this excursion for us is a must do.

Where exactly is the overnight parking in Lahaina?