Can I Disable the Automatic Picture Posts

donaldsc

One of the new "features" of CC seems to be the automatic posting of new pictures on the right side of the screen.  Almost all of them vary between really bad and horrible.  Can this feature be turned off so we don't have to see them.  Another suggestion is for CC to remove them permanently.  We aren't forced to see the really bad pictures that people post on messages as we don't have to open the message.  Why force us to see them on the other screens?

DON

• 2 weeks later...

I will admit that I hadn’t noticed. You made me look. And now I know why I hadn’t noticed. Not worth spending any time on. Like ads and other minor nuisances, I just automatically ignore them and get on with what I am on the site to read or search or reply to. 

Stan

13 hours ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

I will admit that I hadn’t noticed. You made me look. And now I know why I hadn’t noticed. Not worth spending any time on. Like ads and other minor nuisances, I just automatically ignore them and get on with what I am on the site to read or search or reply to. 

Stan

Same here. I was ad-blind to them until Don mentioned them. Still don't register on the radar.

Dave

This was the subject of a huge discussion over on the "Need Help?" forum for some time after the "upgrade." Lots of folks posting who urged CC either to get rid of this new feature, or at least least create some sort of opt-out for those of us who don't want to see other people's random vacation photos, selfies, out-of-focus images, and whatever.  Eventually, CC Administrator Laura posted on the thread to say this feature was here to stay.   I can't recall the reasoning entirely, but it included something like wanting to let people "see their name in lights."

I do my best to ignore the right hand column, but from time to time, there's really obnoxious stuff that just gets in your eyes.  (A recent "favorite" was a photo of a guy lying in an unmade bed.)  When stuff like that pops up, you can open the photo by clicking on it, and then click on "report image" in the upper right.  You can say "this has nothing to do with cruising."   Or anything else that would argue for taking the image down.