Extra tips for room stewards etc.

northernrose

5 minutes ago, northernrose said:

If you had great service from a room steward can you leave a extra tip using your credit card? Or does it have to be by cash?

Cash is best, but you can go down to Guest Services and fill out a form, with the Cabin Steward's first and last name and the amount you would like to tip and it will be added to your shipboard account.  

I can't speak specifically for Norwegian's policies because I've only taken one NCL cruise many years ago. But I've done about twenty cruises on other lines, and I've always given cash tips to the room attendants (even on lines like Seabourn and Silversea that say "no tipping expected"). In my opinion, these people have the toughest, least-glamorous jobs on the ship. My understanding is that tipping a particular crew member by credit card isn't allowed on most cruise lines. A couple of lines have something called a Crew Welfare Fund (or something like that) that you can donate to by credit card, but all funds collected would be divided equally by the entire crew.

41 minutes ago, northernrose said:

If you had great service from a room steward can you leave a extra tip using your credit card? Or does it have to be by cash?

I always leave cash, along with a thank you note, on the last morning of the cruise.

2 hours ago, northernrose said:

You can leave gratuities either by cash or credit card. To use credit go to guest services and have them add it to your account. You will need to know your cabin number and your stewards name which can be found on a card in the stateroom.

On 1/18/2019 at 3:43 PM, suometar said:

I always leave cash, along with a thank you note, on the last morning of the cruise.

I always seek out my cabin steward upon boarding and tip upfront as I want certain bed covers and Ice daily for my cocktail in cabin before dinner. I am greeted by name every time I am seen. and always receive excellent service going forward.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EDLOS said:

I always seek out my cabin steward upon boarding and tip upfront as I want certain bed covers and Ice daily for my cocktail in cabin before dinner. I am greeted by name every time I am seen. and always receive excellent service going forward.

I've never tipped up front and I get the same excellent service.