Mini Suite Perks?

dkitty

5 minutes ago, dkitty said:

I have a mini suite booked on the Sky Princess.  Are there any extra perks I should be aware of?

Thanks

You’ll each get a glass of champagne delivered by your steward. Usually prior to sailing. 

That’s about it except the bathtub, second tv, and if Sky is like Regal and Royal, a lightproof curtain you can pull across to give you a nice dark bedroom!

great if you want to sleep while your cabinmate watches tv!

21 minutes ago, c7009 said:

How do you know if your minutes suite is "club class"?

I think getting the minutes suite is worth it because the service you get will make most other people on the ship look like seconds class passengers. Sorry, couldn't resist. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by RMMariner
  • Haha 4

22 minutes ago, CATGUY7 said:

You would have selected a “Club Class Mini Suite” when you booked. 

I didn't make the booking...

Ours says category mb, on the booking summary. I'm guessing it's not club class in that case. 

12 minutes ago, RMMariner said:

I think getting the minutes suite is worth it because the service you get will make most other people on the ship look like seconds class passengers. Sorry, couldn't resist. :classic_biggrin:

Haha.. 

yes...seems auto correct didn't work well for me there. Maybe a second class suite is okay though, quicker service perhaps  🙃

1 hour ago, c7009 said:

I didn't make the booking...

Ours says category mb, on the booking summary. I'm guessing it's not club class in that case. 

I think Club Class shows on the deck plan as M6.  

Edited by CATGUY7
Grammar

2 hours ago, dkitty said:

I have a mini suite booked on the Sky Princess.  Are there any extra perks I should be aware of?

Thanks

yes, lots of extra space, a bath tub, sofa are why we book mini suites... well worth it. 

Going on Symphony next week and booked a mini suite.  Its basically a larger balcony cabin, more space, with a larger bathroom with bathtub,   Also on RCCL you get to eat in Coastal Kitchen for dinner if their are openings. (That is the dining room for full suite class passengers)

Club Class (CC) Mini-suites are usually M1 type, but the Sky also has a few M6 CC.  

The basic features of any Mini-suite is here, https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/products/staterooms/default-mini-suite.html

And this described the extras for the CC Mini-suites, https://www.princess.com/learn/ships/staterooms/club-class/

One feature we loved was the Mini-suite Bathroom.  It has a tub/shower that is big enough to change your mind in.  

The biggest advantage of a mini is the bathtub and larger bathroom.  It is nice to take a shower without the dreaded shower curtain attacking you.  Second best advantage is the couch.  We have booked both types with the first cruise this year in a regular balcony cabin and the second is in a mini-suite.  I agree that mini-suite is very much mis-named.  

This isn’t exactly a “perk” but according to the cabin photos on Sky, the desk area of the mini suite has an elevated shelf that appears to run the length of the desk. This feature isn’t included in deluxe, balcony, or interior cabins. I tend to grab a drinking glass or two to house my makeup brushes, pencils, etc. and look forward to this shelf to keep my makeup items handy, yet out of the way!

DH and I also enjoy the full-length sofa (vs. a loveseat) as we can each “park”on either end, put our feet up, drink champagne, eat cookies, and watch a movie!!

18 hours ago, RMMariner said:

Very punny.