Online Check In question

roundrockhorn

I still have a tiny bit left to pay on my cruise (incoming travel checks will take care of it next week), but my online check in opens tomorrow. If I haven't paid in full, will I be able to do the check in? I wouldn't think so, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Speaking of online check-in, I just found out something else that I did not know.

I was entering all the info for my friend into the system, when I ran into a couple of problems, and called Carnival customer service. One of them was I did not have the 3 digits of her credit card.  I was told that they marked it "cash," and then when she gets on the ship, she can give them her credit card.

Another problem was she had not got her passport yet, and I didn't have any numbers, etc., to put in that area as yet.  I was told to just mark "drivers's license," and when getting on the ship, they will get the information from her passport.

19 hours ago, roundrockhorn said:

I still have a tiny bit left to pay on my cruise (incoming travel checks will take care of it next week), but my online check in opens tomorrow. If I haven't paid in full, will I be able to do the check in? I wouldn't think so, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

The only thing you can't do until final payment is print your boarding pass.  Once you are at the assigned check in date, you can enter any info you have and can always go back in and change it up until 24 hours prior to your cruise.

• Like 1

Last cruise on the date on-line checking and choosing a check-in time were to open I went to my Cruise Manager page at 12:01am to be sure to get one of the earliest slots.  It was another month or so before I filled out the Online Check-in stuff.

Just to be clear you can do online check-in any time beginning after you give Carnival a deposit right up until the day you sail.

You can select your arrival time beginning 90 days before you sail, as shown in your cruise manager, regardless of whether or not you have completed online checkin.

1 minute ago, Garth2 said:

Just to be clear you can do online check-in any time beginning after you give Carnival a deposit right up until the day you sail.

that changed. I have two cruises where check in is not available and will not be available until 90 days in advance. 

22 hours ago, shof515 said:

that changed. I have two cruises where check in is not available and will not be available until 90 days in advance. 

I was about to ask about that! I have 2 cabins booked... I did our online checkin as soon as we booked (before Carnival changed it to 90 days out) but left my daughter's cabin for her to do... when I check her booking, it doesn't indicate she can do anything until the March date they specified. It doesn't appear that she can do the online check-in or request the checkin time til then- but I was wondering if I was just not seeing where she could do both. I guess she'll just have to wait.