Suite Guest Cocktail Party

djhsolara

Last few years no suite cocktail party with officers- Concierges have sparkling wine in NL first evening.  Most didn't even know about it as they hadn't read all of the welcome aboard stuff in their suite yet. It is just part of a letter- no invitation

15 minutes ago, frankc98376 said:

Last few years no suite cocktail party with officers- Concierges have sparkling wine in NL first evening.  Most didn't even know about it as they hadn't read all of the welcome aboard stuff in their suite yet. It is just part of a letter- no invitation

That’s been my experience, too - EXCEPT on the Prinsendam.  That one is held in the Captain’s day room and the Captain, Officers and senior staff are there socializing..

It’s in the letter on that one too, but the Concierges do call to make sure you are aware and can come.  Suite guests meet in the Neptune Lounge and are led across the hall to the Captain’s day room.

9 minutes ago, kazu said:

That’s been my experience, too - EXCEPT on the Prinsendam.  That one is held in the Captain’s day room and the Captain, Officers and senior staff are there socializing..

It’s in the letter on that one too, but the Concierges do call to make sure you are aware and can come.  Suite guests meet in the Neptune Lounge and are led across the hall to the Captain’s day room.

Sigh..  soon it will likely be Sangria and Burrito samples in little plastic cups (like Costco). Suite lunch gone, VIP parties pretty much gone, so sad...

7 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

On our last 3 cruises only sparkling wine was offered -- just the concierges -- no captain and no other officers.

Lasted only 1/2 hour.  Only about 8 of us showed up.

For Neptune Suites and Pinnacle Suites only.

It is on one of the many letters and ads that are in the suite when boarding.  Most I've spoken to said they didn't see it until the next day when they went through it all. Sort of like they want to keep participation low.

20 minutes ago, OlsSalt said:

Hardly. 

I was speaking metaphorically about changes that I have seen in just the last 5 years.

It is pretty clear with the cutback on the number of NS on the new builds that HAL is focusing on more standard veranda cabins similar to Carnival. Perhaps they want to push the suite business toward Princess now that they are one company under the CCL umbrella. 

We aren't ready to leave HAL- 35 years for me- I started at 20's. HAL has and always will have a piece of my heart.  Seeing the former NA at the ship breakers broke my heart.  I'm sad as each of the older ships sail away from HAL. Big tears when SS Rotterdam left.

A friend in the business said that HAL watches Celebrity and NCL in that order as competition.  He thinks that they should be watching MSC.  Many new ships coming online in the next several years.  Their Yacht Club product is top notch. Yes, prices are higher but so are the benefits.