Post cruise excursions from Port Canaveral

madre2

My family would like to book a post cruise excursion after disembarking in Port Canaveral, but a Disney cruise agent advised that those excursions are not released until you get onboard.  We have an evening flight home and wanted to get something booked.  Do we really have to wait until we are onboard?   

I didn't know that DCL did any post excursions at PC.

There is not much time between when you get off the ship to when you have to check in for your flight. When we had a late afternoon flight, we enjoyed a relaxing morning and ate at the buffet restaurant (Enchanted Garden) and took one of the last buses to MCO. If your flight is late evening, you could get a rental car and go enjoy the beach or tour the NASA facilities.

18 hours ago, ArthurUSCG said:

There is not much time between when you get off the ship to when you have to check in for your flight. When we had a late afternoon flight, we enjoyed a relaxing morning and ate at the buffet restaurant (Enchanted Garden) and took one of the last buses to MCO. If your flight is late evening, you could get a rental car and go enjoy the beach or tour the NASA facilities.

The only excursions I know of, are when DCL stops at PC as a part of a longer itinerary, such as the Bahamas cruises out of NYC. The majority of them are park related, with the sole exception being a trip to the Kennedy Space Center.

On 1/23/2019 at 12:07 PM, ArthurUSCG said:

I've never heard of them doing that.  There were some post cruise excursions on our Mediterranean cruise on DCL a few years ago, but none on our Port Canaveral cruises.

The post cruise excursions (well, really, excursions for those of us doing B2B on that and the following cruise) were not available until a few days before the end of the cruise.

I've only heard of them in association with B2B cruises.  As far as I know, DCL has no airport transportation late in the day.  Of course you can always take a taxi or rent a car and visit the space center or other location of your choice prior to your flight.