1-24-19 Thursday Weigh-In...Is It Harder To Lose During Winter Months?

Belle

Hi everyone,  looks like we are getting a wintry mix of snow and ice tomorrow and then the brutally cold weather coming across the country. Not looking forward to the -25 wind chill.. will be lots of hot cups of tea over the next few days.. Are we all giving up something for our goal of losing weight before our net cruise.? I haven't had ice cream for over a month .

Rob - I'm very impressed with your dedication to no ice cream.  I need to give some thought to what I'm willing to give up and will stick with (it shouldn't be so hard, but I lack self-discipline).

Belle - Culver's appears to be a mid-west chain that is a cross between fast food and full service.  If you have Steak n Shake it is similar to that.  The main menu items are burgers (specifically butter burgers) and ice cream (sundaes, shakes, and concrete mixers - like Blizzards).  They also have a few entrees (fish platter comes to mind), special sides (cheese curds), and probably salads, chicken nuggets & other sandwiches.  You place your order at the counter and can get take out, but for sit down they give you a plastic number to put at your table and bring the food to you.  Very pleasant service and reminds me of my childhood some.  A nice relaxing dinner while still being quick when on a schedule - if not necessarily the healthiest 😉 

Snow is coming down here.  The schools that were open closed early (some areas were closed this morning already).  I'm going to spend some time with daughter showing her how to file taxes (should be very simple for her) and working with son on planning some stuff for his birthday next month.

Stay warm everyone!

Rob, 

I agree wtih others, you are a saint for giving up ice cream. Good for you though. 

Not sure I will have a loss to post tomorrow. Ate out a few times. Hopefully I stayed the same.

On a good note, the all-you-can-eat chinese buffett hubby liked not too far from our house went out of business. I call that a blessing in disguise. :classic_biggrin:

See everyone tomorrow.

Diana

• Like 1