Cellar Masters?

39august

How does one get a drink in Cellar Masters? Every time I went there on Silhoutte last year, there were no servers at all, only the machines which you can't use with a drink package. Going on Reflection in 3 weeks and would certainly like to try a glass of wine there. 

We are big Cellar Masters fans, but as MaryLou says, it isn't staffed until later in the day and only seemed adequately staffed during "happy hour" - this was on Silhouette as well. We would sit and wait, though if we knew it was close to opening or should be open, and never had to wait more than 5 minutes, even if we were the only people in there.

That was one venue that I do wish they would post hours and/or closed for special event (that happened a lot too) at the entrance.

We had the same problem as the OP on our last Silhouette cruise - even during "open" hours there was no or limited staff. We eventually gave up. The machines don't interest me at all when I have a drink package - why pay more for something you have already paid for? - but we would have liked to try some of the wines on their list. It really was too bad because we have enjoyed Cellar Masters on other cruises. Staff or lack thereof is individual to the ship and sailing though, I'm sure.

On Silhouette 11/17.  We visited Cellar Masters for a glass of wine.  It was staffed (with 1 sommelier) who was very busy and no time for us.  He was engaged in a conversation that I guess was very interesting.  We waited for about 10 minutes and finally gave up and walked out.

While we enjoy Cellar Masters we have encountered a few sommeliers that we were not happy with but nothing you could point your finger at. Just not a good fit.  Happened on Silhouette in November 2017 and reflection in November 2018. Hopefully we will have a better experience on our next 3 cruises.

I gave up on Cellar Masters after my last two cruises, both on Silhouette. The ONLY time, let me be clear, ONLY time, I found anyone that remotely resembled a server in there was when we met there at 6:30 for the start of the Chef’s table. Since there was only champagne to be poured, the young lady was capable of doing that. Sommelier  in Cellar Masters-really? Wow. Never ever saw that.