Hotel and parking recommendation near San Diego pier

Playin Pickleball

Would you have a recommendation of where to spend one overnight in San Diego, near Terminal B where the HAL 17-day Circle Hawaii cruise leaves from (leaving Feb. 3)? What do we do with our car for the 17 days? Will the hotel let us store it there? Is there somewhere else you would recommend we keep it (considerations for cost, safety, etc.). Thanks for your help. I posted this elsewhere, kind of in the wrong place, but still got some good recommendations. It was recommended I repost here. Thanks for your help. First cruise in 30 years, came up very suddenly, thus the nearness to departure date.

Hi,

There is a looong thread about hotels just a little way farther down this page.

Your parking issue is another story.

The Wyndham , across the street from the port has various parking pkgs.

You can Google stay n park/san diego to see many other choices.

Hilton has a stay n park pkg and so do many other hotels but they are not all for 17 nights.

Here are some web sites for you to check:

https://secure3.hilton.com/en_US/gi/reservation/book.htm?execution=e1s2

https://www.parksleephotels.com/Park-Stay-and-Fly-Hotels-at-San-Diego-Airport.html#

https://www.cruzely.com/san-diego-hotels-with-cruise-parking/

You might consider also getting to San Diego without your car.

I cannot tell from where you are starting to see if there is transportation that would make just a stay less expensive without the parking.

13 hours ago, Playin Pickleball said:

Would you have a recommendation of where to spend one overnight in San Diego, near Terminal B where the HAL 17-day Circle Hawaii cruise leaves from (leaving Feb. 3)? What do we do with our car for the 17 days? Will the hotel let us store it there? Is there somewhere else you would recommend we keep it (considerations for cost, safety, etc.). Thanks for your help. I posted this elsewhere, kind of in the wrong place, but still got some good recommendations. It was recommended I repost here. Thanks for your help. First cruise in 30 years, came up very suddenly, thus the nearness to departure date.

Whydon't you call the hotels you are interested in and ask them if you can park your car there for the 17 days.  I'm sure you will get a more accurate answer from the hotel than from people on this forum who have nver stayed at a hotel there.

What is your budget per night for a hotel? If the hotel won't let you keep the car there (and park 'n fly seldom works out cheaper) you can park at the airport lot, which also serves the cruise port too. Then you could Uber to the hotel or take the shuttle to the port and walk to your hotel.

scottca, Makes a good point! The San Diego cruise port and the San Diego airport are barely 3miles apart. This is quite different than most ports which are far from the closest airport.

There is a lot of long term parking near the airport at different price points.

If  you cannot find a hotel with parking at a price you like perhaps you can do it separately as suggested above.

Best to call the hotels with parking packages direct.  Most will let you pay for anything over what's covered in the room booking.  You might find better prices and availability if you look inland (Fashion Island, Hotel Circle, Mission Valley, even Rancho Bernardo) or further north (La Jolla, Carlsbad, Oceanside).  All within short UBER drive to the port.  You might also be able to find a hotel along the trolley line.  Nothing's more than 30 minutes from the port.