Need hotel help in Houston please

miss tea

We are catching a cruise out of Galveston in June and I was looking for a hotel. Would like to stay in Houston Webster area but I don't know the area. Need a room with a restaurant and two queen beds that's all I need. Does anybody have any ideas not too expensive around $100 a night.

I got the Comfort Suites  Webster on Hotwire for like $70 after taxes. It’s right by I-45 and a ton of shopping and restaurants...free breakfast as well.

keep an eye out for my live vista review in a few weeks. I’ll be reviewing that hotel as well.

Edited by Saint Greg

I used to live in the area (League City, TX) and Webster is very nice.  There are tons of restaurants, stores and a mall in that general area.  Not too far from I-45 will be NASA Johnson Space Center.  There will be hotels in that area but may be a little more money.  Staying along I-45, you would be close to a variety of things to do.

4 hours ago, crazyboys said:

Try the Hilton Garden Inn in Webster. Free full breakfast with stay and only 30 minutes away from port Galveston. Have stayed there twice before cruises.

Have never seen a Hilton Garden Inn that has a free breakfast. Unless you get a room rate that includes it.

12 hours ago, miss tea said:

Yes I have , but that does not tell me where they are at since I don't know the area.

I know this is "tacky", but it makes me crazy when people don't bother to look at Google maps. That can tell you where they are all located.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Galveston Cruiser said:

There is a lot to do and see in Galveston as it is an historic city. Easier to get around with the Trolley than Houston which is very spread out.  galveston,.com

I’m not a galveston fan. I’d rather stay closer to whatever I want to do the day before and save $100-150 on the hotel. 

I only ask because I assume the OP is flying into a Houston airport. They are going to need transportation to the hotel, and then to the port. Seems to me that it would be easier to do this staying in Houston or Galveston, versus a hotel "on the way". Unless they are planning on renting a car...

If OP is flying in,

the double costs of transfers Houston to Webster and then Webster to Galveston,

and then local Webster cabs and Uber to area destination desires,  

will off set cheaper hotel rates than coming on to Galveston . 

Besides hotel rates can be cheap in Galveston , depending on where you are staying and when you are cruising ! 

Edited by ssb

10 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

I know this is "tacky", but it makes me crazy when people don't bother to look at Google maps. That can tell you where they are all located.

That tells me where they are located but does not tell me if I am in a bad area. Like I said I don't know the area.

On 1/28/2019 at 4:04 PM, miss tea said:

That tells me where they are located but does not tell me if I am in a bad area. Like I said I don't know the area.

Webster on down to Galveston will be ok . 

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 7:45 AM, 1025cruise said:

I'm just a little confused as to why you'd stay in Webster. Why not stay in Houston (airport area) or just go straight to Galveston.

I would not stay the night before a cruise near either Houston airports... If you talking IAH, it's on the wrong side of Houston totally opposite from Galveston. As far as Hobby goes, I would not stay in this area of town because its not the area of town you want to be staying in... The only way I would stay near either airport was only if my flight landed at 2:00am and I was too tired to go further. My advise: get as close to Galveston as possible. You'll be glad the next morning!