Pop up Sel de Mer, on the Maasdam currently

CJcruzer

1 hour ago, kazu said:

I don’t think OP (Carol) said he would see it.  From her post “so i am a happy camper and call the PG manager - still no way but he would like to see this.

Bolding is mine.  She does say "he would like to see this". I interpreted "this" to be the email response from the Mariner Society.  Then she went on to say that she had two copies made, one for the PG Manager and one for the Hotel Director.

With one Sel de Mer and two Tamarind reservations next week, I hope that there aren't similar problems on the Nieuw Amsterdam. If there are, though, I'll deal with the issues when we get home rather than waste my time dealing with intransigent managers or front desk personnel during the cruise. 

Edited by Fouremco

2 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

With one Sel de Mer and two Tamarind reservations next week, I hope that there aren't similar problems on the Nieuw Amsterdam. If there are, though, I'll deal with the issues when we get home rather than waste my time dealing with intransigent managers or front desk personnel time during the cruise. 

Good luck with that, seriously.

What I was owed is not what I got.  I sent an email very quickly and got back 1 dinner refund for two of us.  I had more than that booked.

Be prepared to escalate if that is the case.

2 hours ago, Alberta Quilter said:

Bolding is mine.  She does say "he would like to see this". I interpreted "this" to be the email response from the Mariner Society.  Then she went on to say that she had two copies made, one for the PG Manager and one for the Hotel Director.

You are probably right and I may be too touchy on this subject.

I hope Carol makes out ok.  I am really tired for 4 and 5*’s having to fight for what are their benefits.

4 minutes ago, kazu said:

Good luck with that, seriously.

What I was owed is not what I got.  I sent an email very quickly and got back 1 dinner refund for two of us.  I had more than that booked.

Be prepared to escalate if that is the case.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there will be no problems, but I'm never reluctant to escalate if necessary to find a solution. I've only had one problem of a similar nature with HAL and it was resolved post-cruise to my complete satisfaction.

• Thanks 1

I was offered Mariner discount on only one Sel de Mer dinner, as a "courtesy" (how patroniIng).. The second night of Sel de Mer would be at  full price.

Seriously, I am not one of those suckers who is born every minute,. My husband says he doesn't need any "favors"-  we have decided to cancel the one Sel de Mer we booked and also our upgraded from PG complimentary lunch to PG dinner with adjustment,  If we lose the $20 that the TA paid toward the PG lunch, I guess HAL needs it more badly than we do.

We are booked Zuiderdam and  Nieuw Statendam this coming fall, and the 

Westerdam in April 2020 - and that is just for starters,  I can wait for Sel de Mer on the NS- I won't die of starvation in the meantime 😏

you would think I was trying to fleece the company - I am just trying to enjoy the perks I have earned by being a loyal passenger..  My husband was very turned off to the attitude - we do not want handouts and I am not going to be beholden to the "powers that be, or he who is playing god" for granting an "exception" .....  it either is, or it "ain't" ..  and if the policy has changed, then the procedure manual/email should be updated to all pertinent departments. 

I will take this up further with Mariner Society, Gerald Bernhoft, Office of the President, and Orlando Ashford through emails and once home, on the phone.

Wow- that’s all I can say about this situation. I completely agree with CJcruzer in regards to “favors”. No one should have to fight for loyalty rewards that have been earned. We are on this ship in March for 38 days and have pre-purchased a number of PG dinners and Sel de Mer. What is the name of the PG manager? I’m going to be pro-active with HAL and start sending emails before my cruise.

MAJOR FLASH -UPDATE

7:30 AM,cancelled allPG reservations

9:35 AM returned from thermal suite with message waiting, and a note in my mail slot 

Called back and was told they got in touch with Seattle, and ALL mariners will be entitled to Sel de Mer discounts (on this sailing, I cannt speak for others).

I was offered to reinstate my Sel de Mer reservation..  I asked if I could use my complimentary Pinnacle Grill lunch towards the Sel de Mer..   Then I was offered FREE Sel de Mer and not to worry, in lieu for my "troubles".

I actually declined the freebie - I told them I do not so business like this - but thanked them anyway,.  They poo-pooed me first, did not think Iwould take it any further, and then want to air-brush the incident with a freebie..  I Said all I wanted was what I am entitled to - and the PG complimentary lunch from TA going toward Sel de Mer - 

I also more or less politely told them that the line "policy just changed last week" is a lot of crock - because this has been said before, on various ships, at various times. How many last weeks are you going to go through?  And some people did get their issues resolved once they came home, through the Mariner Society department, perhaps some did not.

I let them know that this is no way to do business - but that I appreciated that they did indeed go further with the Mariner letter to actually inquire.  I have to give them that  much credit.  

SO all I can tell you us that for this cruise, Sel de Mer will be covered under the Mariner Discount.  I cannot speak for future cruises, nor other ships.

When I get home, I will talk to the Mariner  Society further.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CJcruzer said:

MAJOR FLASH -UPDATE

7:30 AM,cancelled allPG reservations

9:35 AM returned from thermal suite with message waiting, and a note in my mail slot 

Called back and was told they got in touch with Seattle, and ALL mariners will be entitled to Sel de Mer discounts (on this sailing, I cannt speak for others).

I was offered to reinstate my Sel de Mer reservation..  I asked if I could use my complimentary Pinnacle Grill lunch towards the Sel de Mer..   Then I was offered FREE Sel de Mer and not to worry, in lieu for my "troubles".

I actually declined the freebie - I told them I do not so business like this - but thanked them anyway,.  They poo-pooed me first, did not think Iwould take it any further, and then want to air-brush the incident with a freebie..  I Said all I wanted was what I am entitled to - and the PG complimentary lunch from TA going toward Sel de Mer - 

I also more or less politely told them that the line "policy just changed last week" is a lot of crock - because this has been said before, on various ships, at various times. How many last weeks are you going to go through?  And some people did get their issues resolved once they came home, through the Mariner Society department, perhaps some did not.

I let them know that this is no way to do business - but that I appreciated that they did indeed go further with the Mariner letter to actually inquire.  I have to give them that  much credit.  

SO all I can tell you us that for this cruise, Sel de Mer will be covered under the Mariner Discount.  I cannot speak for future cruises, nor other ships.

When I get home, I will talk to the Mariner  Society further.

I am REALLY glad you got it rectified. 🙂 

Good for you for persevering.  I hope your dinner is absolutely delicious 😄