Another EZ Air Question....

PlopPlop

First time using EZ Air and we booked flexible fares last night. The savings were great, even with it being domestic flights. I know others on CC have stated they have rebooked the fares when they see a price drop but as I go through all the threads I’m not seeing how they are able see the price drop for EZ Air. I must be overlooking something because once booked I can only see my flight information, a warning about bag fees and an option to cancel my flights. How can I see what EZ Air is currently offering if I have already booked flights? 

Thank you in advance. I greatly appreciate everyone’s help, not just with this but with all your advice and experience on the boards. 

Sarah

When you look at Travel Arrangements in Cruise Personalizer - there is a green button that says "add or modify flights" - this will show you your current price and then you can select change flights to do a search and check other prices. It is pretty obvious as far as replacing the flight if you want or I just close the window if I don't want to switch flights.

Edited by Coral

17 minutes ago, PlopPlop said:

First time using EZ Air and we booked flexible fares last night. The savings were great, even with it being domestic flights. I know others on CC have stated they have rebooked the fares when they see a price drop but as I go through all the threads I’m not seeing how they are able see the price drop for EZ Air. I must be overlooking something because once booked I can only see my flight information, a warning about bag fees and an option to cancel my flights. How can I see what EZ Air is currently offering if I have already booked flights? 

Thank you in advance. I greatly appreciate everyone’s help, not just with this but with all your advice and experience on the boards. 

Sarah

In your flight section you have to hit the modify option then go through a search and see if the new fare is better. If it is just select the new flight and it will cancel your old flight and book the new flight. It works well. 

While you are doing this just don’t hit the red cancel flight option.

You should also find an option to change your flights. Click there and enter your info as you did when you booked the EZ air. Then the options show up and you can see any price difference. I recommend doing this frequently. I hit the jackpot one day, a reduction of 1100 each for round trip business class OZ NZ. Many thousands less than booking directly with the airline.

It much easier to simply go to the voyage without logging in and check the flights there as if you weren’t already booked on the voyage. It’s a quicker check. As others said you should do it often.  Also try changing things like “Arrive before” or “leave after” times as sometimes we have found the rates change when you do. Finally, always check rates for arriving a day or two earlier, sometimes that makes a huge difference. 

If we find a better rate and want to change we then log into our cruise personalizer and make the change. 

Chris

Just now, gottagocit said:

It much easier to simply go to the voyage without logging in and check the flights there as if you weren’t already booked on the voyage. It’s a quicker check. As others said you should do it often.  Also try changing things like “Arrive before” or “leave after” times as sometimes we have found the rates change when you do. Finally, always check rates for arriving a day or two earlier, sometimes that makes a huge difference. 

If we find a better rate and want to change we then log into our cruise personalizer and make the change. 

Chris

I beg to differ. Many times when one finds a fare without logging in it does not come up after logging in.

On the other end there may be fares that one does not see if they don't log in.

For me I want to be logged in and go through the modify process so I can grab that fare reduction right away.

3 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I beg to differ. Many times when one finds a fare without logging in it does not come up after logging in.

If you say so....but we have never had this happen and we’ve booked and changed flights many times. 

Do what works best for you I suppose. 

51 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

Chris

I don't find this reliable.

51 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

Chris

This is what I do.

And just in case you didn't know...  If you have Flexible air booked you won't be able to see Restricted prices from your personalizer.  You have to look for them outside of your personalizer.  And if you do want to switch to a Restricted fare you will need to cancel your Flexible reservation before you can rebook.  You will also have to pay the full fare price and wait for the refund of your original fare.  I re-fared our current flights to Australia 3 times.  Twice were staying with Flexible fares the last change to restricted.  Each time I had to call Princess to have the refund issued to my credit card. 

1 hour ago, gottagocit said:

If you say so....but we have never had this happen and we’ve booked and changed flights many times. 

Do what works best for you I suppose. 

Like you I’ve never had different options based on being signed in & nearly always find lower prices and/or better flights by frequently checking my flights that I book long in advance.  I’ll check daily & thus can easily access my cruise from the “Find a Cruise: See Recently Viewed” option on the Princess homepage without signing in.

If I see something better then I sign in to my Cruise Personalizer to follow that process previously described to confirm & change the flights.  None of my future cruises require flights but will try the process recommended by Colo & Coral to see if that results in a lower price and/or better flights.

Each time I’ve checked without signing in & then signed in to the CP the prices & the flights were the same as when not signed in.  There are so many variables & certainly not doubting their experiences & will compare both techniques the next time we need flights.

3 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Like you I’ve never had different options based on being signed in & nearly always find lower prices and/or better flights by frequently checking my flights that I book long in advance.  I’ll check daily & thus can easily access my cruise from the “Find a Cruise: See Recently Viewed” option on the Princess homepage without signing in.

If I see something better then I sign in to my Cruise Personalizer to follow that process previously described to confirm & change the flights.  None of my future cruises require flights but will try the process recommended by Colo & Coral to see if that results in a lower price and/or better flights.

Each time I’ve checked without signing in & then signed in to the CP the prices & the flights were the same as when not signed in.  There are so many variables & certainly not doubting their experiences & will compare both techniques the next time we need flights.

We also have routinely used this simple method to check on new or changed flight options.  Never had a problem and have never noticed any difference (with Flexible fares) if we logged-in.  I prefer to try different "modeling" options without being logged-in to minimize any risk of screwing an already confirmed booking.

Hank

32 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

We also have routinely used this simple method to check on new or changed flight options.  Never had a problem and have never noticed any difference (with Flexible fares) if we logged-in.  I prefer to try different "modeling" options without being logged-in to minimize any risk of screwing an already confirmed booking.

Hank

Due to the risk of screwing up an existing Flexible EZair booking the first time I wanted to make a change I called Princess who walked me through to process on my computer using my Cruise Personalizer.  Since then I’ve used the CP to make many changes but to simply check for a lower airfare and/or better flights I do it without signing in...both ways had the same flights & prices.