2019 - List of NCL Officers, Hotel Director, Concierge, Crew, etc

4 minutes ago, bahappe said:

Bong, bartender that does tricks and magic, was on the NCL Bliss this past December.  Does anyone lnow what ship he is currently on?  The Bliss?  Have you visited him behind the bar-his ‘magic’ is awesome! Any info would be greatly apprecited:) 

The Bliss until June sometime.  Then vacation until early September, then off to Germany for The Encore.  

19 minutes ago, bahappe said:

Bong, bartender that does tricks and magic, was on the NCL Bliss this past December.  Does anyone lnow what ship he is currently on?  The Bliss?  Have you visited him behind the bar-his ‘magic’ is awesome! Any info would be greatly apprecited:) 

19 minutes ago, bahappe said:

Bong was on Bliss 2 weeks ago...mojito bar, I think

We will be boarding the Bliss out of L.A. on Apr 21, 2019.  Does anyone know if bartender, Clarense Bennett (AKA Chocolate Cowboy) will be on board for our sailing?  We met him in July 2016 on the Escape and he was such a wonderful gentleman.  We have heard rumors that he will be returning to the Bliss soon (if not already.)  Looking forward to an update on Mr. Bennett's present assignment.  Thanks!  

On 3/29/2019 at 10:32 PM, travelwide said:

Boarding the Sun on April 6th. Does anyone know the names of the officers who will be on board at that time. Thank you in advance for giving us this information.

Just got off the Sun on April 1. Here are the senior hotel officers as of then:

Brian Walters, Hotel Director

Dieter Welp, Asst Hotel Director

Cristian Oprea, Food & Beverage Director *

Paulo Gasper Vaz, Executive Chef

Maria Theresa Mangat, Restaurant Manager

Basilio Valdez, Beverage Manager

Edgar Horlador, Executive Housekeeper

Michelle Taladhay, Guest Services Manager

Jeimy Caro, Cruise Director

Carlos Z, Concierge

* Going on vacation for 10 weeks; Igor now onboard as F&B Dir.

Isabela was the CruiseNext Manager; she's going on vacation and then will be on the Breakaway. Don't recall who she said will be on the Sun now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, crusingalong said:

GOOD DAY FELLOW CRUISERS!!  Any Information on Captain, Officers or Crew for Norwegian BLISS sailing APRIL 28, 2019??

I've never cruised without knowing, guess I'll find Out!!😎

crusingalong (Bill & Ruth)

Please post what you find out.  We are sailing May 12

On 4/24/2019 at 7:21 PM, Animalgirl27 said:

We disliked the cruise director Jeimy on the Norwegian Sun. She always asked where the Latinos were in the crowd at every single event she hosted, but never made an attempt to welcome the rest of the ethnic groups. She was also annoying. 

I am so sorry that you didn't care for Jeimy.  She was the Cruise Director the last time we were on the Sun and she was extremely kind and thoughtful.  We had a medical emergency at home and when she found out, she checked on us many times and offered to help in any way - such as letting us call home on her phone.  The officers and crew that we met were all kind and caring. If you sail with her again, I suggest that you introduce yourself to her and I think you will find that she is very nice.

On 4/3/2019 at 6:16 AM, lkjacobs said:

Just got off the Sun on April 1. Here are the senior hotel officers as of then:

Brian Walters, Hotel Director

Dieter Welp, Asst Hotel Director

Cristian Oprea, Food & Beverage Director *

Paulo Gasper Vaz, Executive Chef

Maria Theresa Mangat, Restaurant Manager

Basilio Valdez, Beverage Manager

Edgar Horlador, Executive Housekeeper

Michelle Taladhay, Guest Services Manager

Jeimy Caro, Cruise Director

Carlos Z, Concierge

* Going on vacation for 10 weeks; Igor now onboard as F&B Dir.

Isabela was the CruiseNext Manager; she's going on vacation and then will be on the Breakaway. Don't recall who she said will be on the Sun now.

Edited by flordagirl

On 1/30/2019 at 10:09 PM, Travel Junkie Judy said:

I'll just say that some officers and crew really do remember some passengers.

I'm glad you mentioned this because I was very surprised that one of the crew/staff members knew who I was while I had no idea who he was.  He was one of the guys standing at the ramp where we got off the ship to enter the port at Cuba. I'm guessing he was part of the security team (?). I was heading back off the ship into Cuba by myself, after coming back aboard about an hour earlier with my family.  He asked me "where's your mama and papa?" It was sort of strange because I'm a 40 year old grown woman 😂  But I was left with the impression that the crew and staff may definitely know who we are and were keeping an eye out on some of us.

Is Efran still a butler on the Star? He was the butler for the suite that my mom & I had on the Star in 2017. He and our stateroom steward, Darius, made our cruise enjoyable even when half of our ports were cancelled.  These two gentlemen and the rest of the crew are the reason that we did not hesitate to book our upcoming cruise on the Star. We would love to see Efran and Darius on our upcoming cruise.