Medallion- Is Printed Boarding Pass Needed?

Jeter02

To be safe, I'm printing ours even though we shouldn't need it. You can open and save your medallion access pass on your smart phone in the Ocean Ready app - but even the app recommends printing it.

Even though I download all my boarding passes (amtrak, planes etc) into the wallet app on my iPhone, I always carry a printed copy as well. I worry that I'll have an electronic malfunction at the last minute.

I do have to tell you though that my adult kids think I'm overly cautious. I print copies of everything including the picture page of my passport and driver's license. Mentally, it makes me feel better even though I'm carrying a mini computer in my hand.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I also have copies of our passports and drivers license. I carry them with us and also have copies on my Google Drive which I can access from anywhere thru the internet if needed.

I also will print put boarding passes as a backup.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, hllwdcruiser said:

To be safe, I'm printing ours even though we shouldn't need it. You can open and save your medallion access pass on your smart phone in the Ocean Ready app - but even the app recommends printing it.

Even though I download all my boarding passes (amtrak, planes etc) into the wallet app on my iPhone, I always carry a printed copy as well. I worry that I'll have an electronic malfunction at the last minute.

I do have to tell you though that my adult kids think I'm overly cautious. I print copies of everything including the picture page of my passport and driver's license. Mentally, it makes me feel better even though I'm carrying a mini computer in my hand.

I'm the same exact way. I printed my boarding pass as well, cause you never know. Thanks again!

• Like 1

As cool as the Ocean Medallion may be and no matter how easy it makes getting onto the ship, I doubt that the customs and immigration people when disembarking the ship back in the US will be very impressed by it.  You will need real entry documents (passport, etc.).  I have paper boarding passes, but I had printed them before I knew that our cruise was a medallion cruise.

I have not yet been on a medallion cruise, but I would print the boarding pass.  No reason not to.  I have a complete paper-print out of every document.  Boarding pass, receipts for the cruise, for any pre-paid items, the drink package, excursions, the trip-protection plan, itinerary, extra baggage tags,  etc.  And of course, copies of the passports, driver's licenses, and my port information notes.  All in a manila folder, neatly tabbed and indexed.

The boarding pass is just one more page!

I don't expect to need 90% of these papers, but better safe than sorry.  Once, my pre-paid gratuities and my Specialty Dining credit were not reflected in the account once we boarded, and I had all the documents to establish what I was entitled to, making the corrections simple.  I am sure that it could have been resolved with electronic documents, but with hard copies, I was able to put it all together more easily.

No. Got on Regal last Sunday. Used our Medallions to get into terminal. Was directed to the Medallion check in area. Placed our Medallions on the screen to check in and then went upstairs to wait for boarding. Very easy and fast. They did have cruise cards in cabin that had our dining info. Not sure how they are going to give you table numbers when they do away with the cards. It is great when you walk up to you cabin and the door unlocks. I like the Medallions.  

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, PSCSkipper said:

As cool as the Ocean Medallion may be and no matter how easy it makes getting onto the ship, I doubt that the customs and immigration people when disembarking the ship back in the US will be very impressed by it.  You will need real entry documents (passport, etc.).  I have paper boarding passes, but I had printed them before I knew that our cruise was a medallion cruise.

For Customs I use the Mobile Passport app.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, shakeNbake said:

How do U preorder?  Onboard Regal in 5 weeks. Boarding pass already printed> 

You need to download the "ocean ready" app. After you create an account, you can add your booking number. Then you can pre-order your medallion. I'm booked on several upcoming Regal cruises, so it's only allowing you to pre-order The Medallion for cruises coming up soon. The centers is coming up within 5 weeks you should have access to it. I've been receiving an email from Princess about ocean ready each time when my bookings is available on ocean ready.

Can anyone please explain exactly what the "Medallion Access Pass" is. I have the screen that displays an "OceanReady Pass" on my android phone and it has instructions to "save a screenshot or print a copy". Are they talking about the QR code box on the screen? If so I do not understand why I would need to print or capture the image instead of just showing it at the port. I called the Princess help number but they were absolutely clueless.  

1 hour ago, jjr718 said:

Can anyone please explain exactly what the "Medallion Access Pass" is. I have the screen that displays an "OceanReady Pass" on my android phone and it has instructions to "save a screenshot or print a copy". Are they talking about the QR code box on the screen? If so I do not understand why I would need to print or capture the image instead of just showing it at the port. I called the Princess help number but they were absolutely clueless.  

I didn't understand this either. Perhaps they are just being proactive in case there is an issue opening the app and accessing the pass at the port.

On 1/31/2019 at 6:01 PM, PSCSkipper said:

Yes, you do have to show your passport to customs at disembarkation. I can speak for Port Everglades, its a pretty quick and painless process. You are no longer required to have a filled out declaration customs form which is nice. I had the medallion for my B2B on the Regal this past December (the debut for the ENTIRE ship v. just select cabins), But I'm happy this time around, as I had the medallion pre-shipped to my house, skipping the check in process for my 2 upcoming cruises in 2 weeks and in March,

On 2/2/2019 at 8:50 AM, jjr718 said:

I have the Ocean Ready Pass on my phone. I screenshot the QR code, just so I can pull it easier through my camera roll. Just like airline QR codes / tickets via the app, they always suggest taking a screenshot of it, in case there is any issues you may have with cell reception / wifi of any form where you may not be able to open the app or load your booking ticket. That would be my guess.

I understand you don't really need the boarding pass either. There are previous threads from folks who forgot theirs and got on the ship anyway. If you've got valid ID, you'll get on the ship. It might take a little longer but you won't be waving to the ship as it leaves.