All Aboard! To Europe – 72-hour Sale (2/5-2/7)

Astro Flyer

Yes it goes through today.  I do notice that on the website when I look up our British Isles cruise the red sale banner has disappeared.  But if you do a mock booking, on the payment page if you click "view offers" it does show the 72 hour Europe promo perks.  Don't know why they removed the red sale banner already. 

It's still showing on the website homepage.  It expires by the end of today.  Only good on Europe cruises for summer 2019 and there were a few later into the fall I think.  The red sale banner is gone on the actual cruises, but if you click "view offers" it will still pull up the promo perks.  As someone mentioned above, these promos are "capacity controlled" and can depend on if there are available cabins in your category or not. 

1 hour ago, rocklinmom said:

It's still showing on the website homepage.  It expires by the end of today.  Only good on Europe cruises for summer 2019 and there were a few later into the fall I think.  The red sale banner is gone on the actual cruises, but if you click "view offers" it will still pull up the promo perks.  As someone mentioned above, these promos are "capacity controlled" and can depend on if there are available cabins in your category or not. 

I've been on the Princess web site every day and, in fact, I have it open right now but I have never seen this sale advertised. Weird. I've checked when logged in and when not logged in and I simply don't see the sale advertised.

EDIT: I deleted all cached web sites in case I was getting an older version and suddenly the sale is there. D'Oh!

EDIT Number 2: The sale banner was there after clearing my cache but, as soon as I logged into the site the banner is gone again. No big deal as it won't affect my booked cruises (the prices have all gone waaaaaaaaay up since I booked) but it's pretty weird nonetheless. I'm always boggled by the Princess IT folks.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

I haven't seen any sign of this promotion. I'm wondering where it is that folks are seeing the information.

Did you get the email from Princess?

I see it on several pages including Europe for destination and when I search for a cruise.

Edited by Coral

I booked a Forward Deluxe Balcony on the September Regal Princess TA two days ago under the 72 hour sale. I looked at the website today - no red banner. I did a mock booking for the same cabin on the other side of the ship. It only showed the All Aboard sale. "Valid from: January 2 — February 28, 2019 on voyages in this sale only." Just to make sure, I tried on two different computers and three browsers. Of course, that doesn't mean others aren't seeing something else.

However, when I click on special offers, it does show the gratuities.

Edited by billco
  • Like 1

Happy here

2 hours ago, RBAlbany said:

Posting after the sale.  We saved a lot on this sale.  Third time or so re-booking.  Lower each time.  This drop was significant.  Airfare also dropped for September Mediterranean cruise.  Happy Camper!!

Happy here too! Thanks to Astro Flyer for starting this thread as I wouldn't have known about the sale. Very timely for us as I was booked on an 11 day Maiden TA on the NCL Encore in November from Southampton to Miami with a stop in Ponta Delgada. That was recently changed to a 9 day TA from Southampton to New York with no ports in between. So, I go from a 9 day cruise with no ports to a 13 day cruise with 5 ports for about $500 more.

Edited by billco

2 hours ago, billco said:

Happy here

Happy here too! Thanks to Astro Flyer for starting this thread as I wouldn't have known about the sale. Very timely for us as I was booked on an 11 day Maiden TA on the NCL Encore in November from Southampton to Miami with a stop in Ponta Delgada. That was recently changed to a 9 day TA from Southampton to New York with no ports in between. So, I go from a 9 day cruise with no ports to a 13 day cruise with 5 ports for about $500 more.

You’re welcome & it’s good that it benefited you & others...nothing for me.

• 1 month later...

For those who may have booked under this sale, you may want to check your personalizer to ensure gratuities have been paid. I booked on February 6 as I posted above. Princess is saying my booking did not include free gratuities.

On 2/5/2019 at 10:17 AM, voljeep said:

this?

All Aboard! to Europe offer valid: February 5-7, 2019 on Europe voyages listed in this sale only
Reference promotion code: N1C/K1C

3 hours ago, billco said:

For those who may have booked under this sale, you may want to check your personalizer to ensure gratuities have been paid. I booked on February 6 as I posted above. Princess is saying my booking did not include free gratuities.

Does your booking confirmation show the free gratuities?  In the past technical glitches have resulted in threads about things missing from the Cruise Personalizer including free gratuities which after a couple of days was corrected.

The Information in the first post came from their OneSource site & voljeep posted the reference promotion code.  Also the Princess flyer shows “FREE gratuities”.

https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/pc/sales_marketing/PC_AllAboardEurope_eflyer_final(JQ).pdf

Hopefully they’ll quickly correct their problem.

26 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Does your booking confirmation show the free gratuities?  In the past technical glitches have resulted in threads about things missing from the Cruise Personalizer including free gratuities which after a couple of days was corrected.

The Information in the first post came from their OneSource site & voljeep posted the reference promotion code.  Also the Princess flyer shows “FREE gratuities”.

https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/pc/sales_marketing/PC_AllAboardEurope_eflyer_final(JQ).pdf

26 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Hopefully, but I am not so sure. Originally, I asked my TA to book an aft deluxe balcony, which she did. She sent me the Princess confirmation to show the price before her discount. The only indication of free gratuities was in the comment section that said "comp gratuities". The next day I asked my TA to change the booking to a forward  obstructed deluxe balcony. That Princess confirmation did not have the comment, thus why Princess is saying the booking did not have free gratuities. My TA has been going back and forth with Princess for a couple of days. If she can't get it fixed, I guess I'll have to do more than just read the fine print. I'll have to confirm every little detail. I think Princess will do the right thing.

Edited by billco

4 minutes ago, billco said:

Hopefully, but I am not so sure. Originally, I asked my TA to book an aft deluxe balcony, which she did. She sent me the Princess confirmation to show the price before her discount. The only indication of free gratuities was in the comment section that said "comp gratuities". The next day I asked my TA to change the booking to a forward  obstructed deluxe balcony. That Princess confirmation did not have the comment, thus why Princess is saying the booking did not have free gratuities. My TA has been going back and forth with Princess for a couple of days. If she can't get it fixed, I guess I'll have to do more than just read the fine print. I'll have to confirm every little detail. I think Princess will do the right thing.

Hopefully Princess will soon do the right thing & issue your free gratuities.

The only reason I can think about for the difference is their standard condition that offers have “limited space regardless of stateroom availability”...maybe your first cabin was included & your second cabin was not included.

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Hopefully Princess will soon do the right thing & issue your free gratuities.

The only reason I can think about for the difference is their standard condition that offers have “limited space regardless of stateroom availability”...maybe your first cabin was included & your second cabin was not included.

I have thought about that possibility. Except when I did the mock booking (actually hold) of the same cabin on the other side the ship the confirmation didn't show gratuities, Yet, clicking on special offers did show gratuities. I think Princess decided after the sale started that they didn't want this cruise included since it is a Fall TA. So, they removed the banner and booking confirmation, but neglected to remove the details. Since I did my original booking and change to the other cabin during the sale and while the banner was displayed, I don't think I should be penalized. Princess has been good in the past about correcting their screw ups. I should find out next week.

This was just a heads up to others to verify they have the gratuities.