Using Offers prior to boarding ship

Bigbluegal

If you have the Shore Excursion Credit do NOT book online, phone Miami Shore Excursion desk and RESERVE.  Then you will be charged on your Folio on the first night for all shorex.  The $50 will be credited to your folio the night after you have completed the shorex.  

2 hours ago, Bigbluegal said:

Can you use your OBC and your $50 credit per excursion to purchase items prior to boarding ship?

The answer to both questions is no.

You can use your onboard credits, onboard.

Your shore excursion credit is added to your onboard account once you have completed your shore excursion. 

5 hours ago, casofilia said:

If you have the Shore Excursion Credit do NOT book online, phone Miami Shore Excursion desk and RESERVE.  Then you will be charged on your Folio on the first night for all shorex.  The $50 will be credited to your folio the night after you have completed the shorex.  

Actually you can now do the booking of shore excursions online and still get the $50 credit as extra  OBC/credit to your on board account, according to the Promotional T&C on ncl.com - you have to scroll down to the information regarding the $50 shore excursion credit:

https://www.ncl.com/fr/en/termsandconditions/promotions

Where it states the following:

For the guests that book their excursions online; they are charged full retail for the excursions and the discount will be applied onboard in the form of a credit to their onboard account. 

39 minutes ago, TrumpyNor said:

Actually you can now do the booking of shore excursions online and still get the $50 credit as extra  OBC/credit to your on board account, according to the Promotional T&C on ncl.com - you have to scroll down to the information regarding the $50 shore excursion credit:

https://www.ncl.com/fr/en/termsandconditions/promotions

Where it states the following:

For the guests that book their excursions online; they are charged full retail for the excursions and the discount will be applied onboard in the form of a credit to their onboard account. 

Is the payment not made straight away if you book online? It would be great to order online and have the fee added to my onboard account but I suspect that it will not work like that.

It would be no use to me to pay on my credit card pre cruise and then end up with a big OBC I have no use for, unless it's a refundable OBC (it does not say on my amenity list), I doubt it would be. I already have enough OBC for CruiseNext and my gratuities are prepaid, last time I walked off with a zero account balance.

This is the first time I have had a $50 excursion credit and it's all new to me.

Am I right in my assumption above, that online payment requires immediate payment and the OBC is non refundable?

I was thinking to email the pre cruise team and give them a list of excursions I want added once onboard, has anyone done this?

2 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

Am I right in my assumption above, that online payment requires immediate payment and the OBC is non refundable?

Yes, you have to pre-pay the shore excursion and the credit will be on your on board account as non-refundable OBC after the shore excursion has been done. I believe that will also be the case if you call to make the reservation of any of the shore excursions on the list. Only way to avoid pre-paying would be to wait to book it until you are on the ship - in that case the price of each shore excursion that you choose to book would just be added to your on board account and any OBC would be deducted from the total bill (incl. paying for the shore-excursions). You just have to do the math and see if that might be the way to go for you, especially since you have some extra OBC to start with. Even though that means that you risk of some shore excursions to "sell out", that is rarely the case if you contact the shore-ex desk on board in the beginning of your cruise. 

Edited by TrumpyNor

We have the same promo's for our upcoming cruise.  As Casofilia mentioned above, call the Shorex number and you can reserve the excursions you would like.  You do not pay when you reserve them.  They do show as reserved on your cruise booking summary, and you do get a confirmation of the booking by email. 

The amount will be charged onboard, but the credits will be applied once the excursion is completed.  This way, we are not prepaying, and then getting the credits. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

Is the payment not made straight away if you book online? It would be great to order online and have the fee added to my onboard account but I suspect that it will not work like that.

It would be no use to me to pay on my credit card pre cruise and then end up with a big OBC I have no use for, unless it's a refundable OBC (it does not say on my amenity list), I doubt it would be. I already have enough OBC for CruiseNext and my gratuities are prepaid, last time I walked off with a zero account balance.

This is the first time I have had a $50 excursion credit and it's all new to me.

I was thinking to email the pre cruise team and give them a list of excursions I want added once onboard, has anyone done this?

You are 100% correct. The advice above would result in you paying for everything in advance, then ending up with a bunch of OBC.  The quoted T&C is not new, been around for a while. 

That is why they ALWAYS recommend that you call and not book shoreex online if you have the $50 ShoreEx perk. 

The problem with waiting until you are onboard is that you risk popular ShoreEx selling out. It is always better to book in advance (on the phone if you have the ShoreEx credit perk). You have up to 48 hours before you arrive in port to cancel most excursions (there are a few limited availability tours that you can not cancel once you are on board). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lorif said:

We have the same promo's for our upcoming cruise.  As Casofilia mentioned above, call the Shorex number and you can reserve the excursions you would like.  You do not pay when you reserve them.  They do show as reserved on your cruise booking summary, and you do get a confirmation of the booking by email. 

The amount will be charged onboard, but the credits will be applied once the excursion is completed.  This way, we are not prepaying, and then getting the credits. 

I called the excursion desk #. Our excursions are all booked and will appear on our bill on the first day. Should include the discount for platinum latitudes, the $50 excursion credit will hit once be do the excursion and then whatever OBC we have will be there to help pay the rest.  On paper that sounds simple enough, Let's see how it actually plays out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, casofilia said:

You get the time you want. 

... if you have to buy everything twice ...

You are able to book the "a la carte" without paying as I said.

So when you said "the others"....you didn't mean others in my party but rather non a la carte venues?  Also, we are traveling with another party and would like to go together but there are 11 of us....when I put in our 5, times are different than when they put in 6 and there isn't a choice for parties larger than 8.  Is it possible for us to dine together?

Yes the non-a la carte restaurants.

Specialty restaurants would not normally have tables for more than 8 so you wouldn't be able to sit together.

The problem may well be that NCL only allow about 30% of the available spaces at any time to be booked on line before boarding.

I suggest that you book as close as times as possible and then go to see the booking clerk or, better, the Maitre d', "as soon as you board" and try to get the times changed to a common time.

Yes the non-a la carte restaurants.

Specialty restaurants would not normally have tables for more than 8 so you wouldn't be able to sit together.

The problem may well be that NCL only allow about 30% of the available spaces at any time to be booked on line before boarding.

I suggest that you book as close as times as possible and then go to see the booking clerk or, better, the Maitre d', "as soon as you board" and try to get the times changed to a common time.

We are in the Haven so maybe the concierge?

That might work especially if all 11 of you are there.  But make sure you have made the bookings for all 11.  If only 1 group is in the Haven get the change of theirs to the others.  So get the non-haven group to book the preferred time.

That might work especially if all 11 of you are there.  But make sure you have made the bookings for all 11.  If only 1 group is in the Haven get the change of theirs to the others.  So get the non-haven group to book the preferred time.

We are all in the Haven.....thanks for the info:)

23 hours ago, casofilia said:

Let's see how it actually plays out.

Should be brilliant, it has always worked that way for us.

All perfect, just reserved 4x excursions with Skype to the Florida Shorex department, very easy and just got email confirmation.

Thank you for that tip, one less thing to queue for onboard.