Port of Miami to FLL

NYR Fan

We will be returning into Port of Miami and need to know what transportation options there are to get to FLL? Specifically, taxis? If so, approximate cost for 2 with luggage? Do they line up for customers like at the airport? Flight doesn't leave until 1pm, so no rush. Thanks!

CruiserBruce I looked through many pages of transportation here and didn't find the answer to my specific request. That's why I posted. If you could direct me to the post which answers what I would like to know, i.e. do taxis line up outside? the cost? or if you have the answer, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

• Like 1

Do all these various options also apply to Royal Caribbean’s Terminal A in Port Miami (shared rides, taxis, etc)? I have a 9:30am flight from FLL so I need to be able to get off the ship early and right on the road. I just want to confirm that if I don’t book a shared ride in advance, that I can easily get something (taxi, etc)when I walk out the terminal door. Also, are shared rides something that must be reserved in advance, or can you also get in one that morning without advance reservation?

(I’ve used the cruise line’s airport transfer in the past but this time my flight is too early to use them)

1 hour ago, muppetsguy said:

Do all these various options also apply to Royal Caribbean’s Terminal A in Port Miami (shared rides, taxis, etc)? I have a 9:30am flight from FLL so I need to be able to get off the ship early and right on the road. I just want to confirm that if I don’t book a shared ride in advance, that I can easily get something (taxi, etc)when I walk out the terminal door. Also, are shared rides something that must be reserved in advance, or can you also get in one that morning without advance reservation?

(I’ve used the cruise line’s airport transfer in the past but this time my flight is too early to use them)

A 9:30 flight from FLL??  Wow that is way too early for my comfort level!!  

I would either grab a cab and pay the price or have a pre-arrange transportation!  Hopefully you are getting off one of the Oasis class ships that seem to let passengers off fairly early.

Good luck....hope you make it!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

A 9:30 flight from FLL??  Wow that is way too early for my comfort level!!  

I would either grab a cab and pay the price or have a pre-arrange transportation!  Hopefully you are getting off one of the Oasis class ships that seem to let passengers off fairly early.

Good luck....hope you make it!

I’ve been leaning toward a taxi and the cost is what it is. It was 2:30pm originally and the airline made a major time change to the flight. I could do a later flight with connections, but this is the only direct flight to my home city. Usually I like to sail out of Port Ev. and do a 5 minute taxi ride. Yes, it’s on Allure and they typically let you off fairly early, 6:30 or so.

• Like 1

Taxi fare should be about $75+ from POM-FLL. Uber X or Lyft on the same run will be $35-40.  For a 9:30 flight you need to be at the airport by about 8:00, and the ride will take you 35-45+ minutes depending upon traffic and the day of the week.  That translates into off the ship with bags and clear of customs and immigration by about 7:00 or earlier.  Good luck!

• Like 1

When my wife and I left the Viking Star at Port of Miami  (terminal J) in November, the Customs and Immigration people didn't report for work until 7 am.  First passengers went through the gate with their carried baggage at about 7.15 and out onto the street. There were cabs and buses waiting at that time.

If Customs etc is inspecting at 6 or 6.30 am. that's a change.

Thank you so much for this thread.

Maybe we will just take SAS instead of Uber.

We fly into FLL and staying in Miami.

Just sent a request into SAS. I have used them before and prefer to just pay cash.

Thank you.

Edited by js

3 hours ago, Cienfuegos said:

When my wife and I left the Viking Star at Port of Miami  (terminal J) in November, the Customs and Immigration people didn't report for work until 7 am.  First passengers went through the gate with their carried baggage at about 7.15 and out onto the street. There were cabs and buses waiting at that time.

If Customs etc is inspecting at 6 or 6.30 am. that's a change.

At Royal’s new Terminal A in Miami, there aren’t customs officers to see and no lines. You walk up to one of the tablet devices on a pole, it uses facial recognition and in a second or two it approves you and you leave. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Taxi fare should be about $75+ from POM-FLL. Uber X or Lyft on the same run will be $35-40.  For a 9:30 flight you need to be at the airport by about 8:00, and the ride will take you 35-45+ minutes depending upon traffic and the day of the week.  That translates into off the ship with bags and clear of customs and immigration by about 7:00 or earlier.  Good luck!

It’ll be a Sunday morning, so at least there won’t be weekday rush hour traffic to deal with. 

Delta cancelled our flight from MIA so they moved us to a flight from FLL....

So now all the planning I had done, needs to be redone :)

We have a 1pm flight out if FLL the day before Easter - I expect the airport to be busy.

We are on Symphony/ so Terminal A at POM...and we have ‘The Key’ so we will have a real breakfast but then expedited debarkation...

I’m still deciding whether I want to schedule a shuttle like SAS (not a huge fan of those vans with no headrests for a 45-60 min ride...) or an Uber (more expensive).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, Cel_cruise said:

Wow - for some reason I thought it would be more! That’s definitely a winner for me! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taxi will be closer to $75+ -- Uber and Lyft are the way to go

I've done this (POM to FLL) twice in the past 6 months.  Both times I carried my luggage and was off the ship between 7:15-7:30ish and sitting at my gate at FLL by 8:30am.  First time we used a shuttle that was waiting there when we got off.  He charged us $20 each.  A few days ago we used SAS.  They charged $15pp.  Great reliable service!