Beverage plan....

bybs

27 minutes ago, OCruisers said:

Unfortunately, we saw more "sharing" drink packages on our last cruise than ever before ... especially the coffee package.  

It's a real shame when folks think it's OK to cheat! :classic_sad:

Some don't mind at all.  They justify it various ways in their mind, but the bottom line is that they are just dishonest people.

Edited by bemis12
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, memoak said:

Except for a few "spring break" cruises I have rarely seen abuse on Princess cruises with or without the package

What makes you think people are so naive as to do it openly? 

They've already paid for their drink package so it's only right that they collect all they're entitled to, whether they drink it themselves, throw them away or give it away.

Princess comes out ahead no matter what. 

58 minutes ago, floridalover5623 said:

That might have been more true when the package was unlimited but since they've changed it to 15 drinks max, your logic doesn't apply. 

Not sure where your idea of logic is a consideration...how about "it's the rule" and the rule says no sharing.  Doesn't take logic...just an ability to comprehend the words.  Sharing is cheating in any book since it clearing states you are not allowed to do it!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, USCcruisecrazy said:

Not sure where your idea of logic is a consideration...how about "it's the rule" and the rule says no sharing.  Doesn't take logic...just an ability to comprehend the words.  Sharing is cheating in any book since it clearing states you are not allowed to do it!

It's obviously your rule, not mine or many others. 

4 minutes ago, floridalover5623 said:

It's obviously your rule, not mine or many others. 

That's complete BS and you know it.  This is directly from the Terms of Agreement with Princess:  Packages may NOT be shared, are NON transferable, and NON refundable.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, USCcruisecrazy said:

That's complete BS and you know it.  This is directly from the Terms of Agreement with Princess:  Packages may NOT be shared, are NON transferable, and NON refundable.

I'm very well aware of what they would prefer people to do and you free to do as you please in order to keep Princess's profits high.  

2 minutes ago, floridalover5623 said:

I'm very well aware of what they would prefer people to do and you free to do as you please in order to keep Princess's profits high.  

No worries...you justify it however you want.  Hopefully you don't own a company that depends on the honesty of your customers to follow the rules...but if you do, and they cheat you out of business, that's okay...you can just accept their explanation that it's "Their Rule" and they saw no reason to follow it just to make your profits higher.  LMAO!!! 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, USCcruisecrazy said:

No worries...you justify it however you want.  Hopefully you don't own a company that depends on the honesty of your customers to follow the rules...but if you do, and they cheat you out of business, that's okay...you can just accept their explanation that it's "Their Rule" and they saw no reason to follow it just to make your profits higher.  LMAO!!! 

I would simply sell liquor plans that include so many drinks each just like the coffee plan. Do with them as you please, which is what many people, other than a few,  are now doing. :classic_rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, floridalover5623 said:

I would simply sell liquor plans that include so many drinks each just like the coffee plan. Do with them as you please, which is what many people, other than a few,  are now doing. :classic_rolleyes:

the 15 drink plan would easily become ... 12 x 15 = $ 180 x 15% tip = $ 207 and bottled water would now be EXCLUDED ... still get fountain soda, brewed coffee, hot chocolate for the purchaser ONLY

Maybe offer a 10-15% discount ...

11 minutes ago, floridalover5623 said:

Nobody who think it's wrong to steal from other people do it.  YMMV

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, floridalover5623 said:

But it's perfectly OK for Princess to steal coffee punches for unused coffee cards that people have paid for.  

People kept stealing coffee from Princess.  There was no sharing or transferring coffee cards either but dishonest people kept doing it.  Princess was forced to change the rules in order to stop the cheaters and thieves.  If it wasn't for people like that, we wouldn't need locks on doors...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

People kept stealing coffee from Princess.  There was no sharing or transferring coffee cards either but dishonest people kept doing it.  Princess was forced to change the rules in order to stop the cheaters and thieves.  If it wasn't for people like that, we wouldn't need locks on doors...

Other than people actually printing their own coffee cards I don't see how anyone was "cheating" Princess our of anything. People either receive their cards from being Elite of purchased them. 

Now people get cheated out of their old cards as of Aug and lose $$ by not using all of their electronic punches at the end of the cruise.

Either way, Princess is cheating their customers for something they've paid for. 

43 minutes ago, floridalover5623 said:

Other than people actually printing their own coffee cards I don't see how anyone was "cheating" Princess our of anything. People either receive their cards from being Elite of purchased them. 

Now people get cheated out of their old cards as of Aug and lose $$ by not using all of their electronic punches at the end of the cruise.

Either way, Princess is cheating their customers for something they've paid for. 

What would it take for you for Princess to issue you OBC for your unused punches ?  how many and how much per punch ?  

3 hours ago, OCruisers said:

Unfortunately, we saw more "sharing" drink packages on our last cruise than ever before ... especially the coffee package.  

It's a real shame when folks think it's OK to cheat! :classic_sad:

The coffee package may be shared. 

32 minutes ago, voljeep said:

What would it take for you for Princess to issue you OBC for your unused punches ?  how many and how much per punch ?  

What about trading in an unused coffee card on a future cruise for 15 electronic punches? 

Anything would beat having them void old coffee cards issued with the intent of using them on future cruises although it's more profitable stealing people's money. 

54 minutes ago, Alaskanb said:

The coffee package may be shared. 

From the description of the New Grounds Coffee Package:  "Coffee cards cannot be sold or otherwise transferred to any individual. Coffee package cards are only valid for use by the purchaser."

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Thrak said:

Since the package is no longer "unlimited" but, instead, has a limit of 15 alcoholic drinks per day, I wish they would offer a smaller package. I might be tempted to pay for a 7 drink per day package for half the cost of the current offering.

This is off the top of my head, so bear with me. I think 7 drinks is the break even point on whether one should buy the PBP or not. Therefore many people buy the PBP on that basis and in fact do not break even. The counter argument could be that a lot of people do not buy PBP based on my logic, but would buy 7 drink package and so more revenue for Princess overall. 

One might then say, 'OK then how about a 10 drink package' but I feel 90% of those buying current PBP would switch to 10 Drinks and so less overall revenue for Princess.

4 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Also the Premium Beverage Package is not good for room service, so you cannot buy a bucket of beer and share that in the cabin.

Not sure what you are saying. Bucket of beer is a separate purchase from PBP and can be shaed with anyone.

22 minutes ago, bybs said:

Well I sure didn't mean to start a controversy....sorry...
How do I unsubscribe from getting notification on this thread?

Your screen name should appear at the top of the page to the right.  Click on that screen name and a dropdown menu should appear.  Select manage followed content.  This thread should show on a list.  To the right of the thread name is a button labeled Change Preference.  Click on that button and at the bottom right corner of the box that appears is a button labeled "Unfollow."  Click on that button.  You may need to click the Update Preferences after that as well - I'm not sure.