Charging Hubs Permitted?

schlu1dm

We have used a Multi-USB (5) charger by Anker on several Celebrity ships in the past 2 years and once on Princess without an issue. So convenient and easy too ... don't have to lug all the power plug ins, just the charging cords.

• Like 1

We used something very similar on Celebrity Summit last April with no issue.  Planning on packing it again on our next trip.  Need all 6 ports for phone X 2, ipads X 2 and watches X 2!

Edited by CLT_Deac
spelling

One tip: If you have a doubt about whether something will be allowed, put it in your carry-on, not in your large suitcase to be delivered to your room. 

It's much easier to deal with having something confiscated at check-in than to wait for your suitcase all afternoon and then get "the call" that you have to come down to the bowels of the ship to learn they won't let you have it. 

I've used a 5 port USB charger similar to the one pictured on all of our cruises for the past 5 years with no problems. It's not surge protected and plugs into the power outlet with a regular 2 pronged plug. I purchased it on Amazon and it's made by Lumsing.

I bought one several years ago to use on cruises but I actually use it every day. It has 8 outlets of diifering amps to charge differing units. On top of the 2 iPads,2 iPhones, watch we also have readers and iPods so it gets well used. I leave all the leads in the unit and roll the cables up round it to stick in a drawer when not in use.