Black Friday Type Sales

katiel53

We are cruising in June on Allure and I am wondering if between now and then if I can expect any sales for the beverage packages, specialty dining etc. that were like the Black Friday sales.  I was fortunate enough to be able to book the UDP, but the price of the Deluxe alcohol package has stayed the same since we booked last June.

I am hoping that the price will go below $56, but so far, it's not looking good.  Thanks for your input.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

Expect continuous sales with unprecitable fake discounts.

30% off cruise planner is supposed to start tomorrow....  

your best bet would be to buy the package now and if the price drops cancel it and repurchase...  no penalty involved...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, stevea36 said:

30% off cruise planner is supposed to start tomorrow....  

your best bet would be to buy the package now and if the price drops cancel it and repurchase...  no penalty involved...

Is this for all sailings? I got an email for 30% Off the refreshments package and Buy one Get one 50% off the Delux package. My sailing is March 14th would this be the cheapest option on these packages?

3 minutes ago, MommyJJ said:

Is this for all sailings? I got an email for 30% Off the refreshments package and Buy one Get one 50% off the Delux package. My sailing is March 14th would this be the cheapest option on these packages?

it is supposed to be, but, as I stated, buy it now and if the price drops just cancel and repurchase.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, jean-lynd said:

For our Allure cruise in 12 days the deluxe beverage package bottomed out at $44. It has been there for a couple of weeks. I hope this helps.

Hope to see you on board.

7 minutes ago, stevea36 said:

it is supposed to be, but, as I stated, buy it now and if the price drops just cancel and repurchase.

I just checked the pricing for my May 17 sailing on AD..  Refreshment is $20, down from $26 yesterday..  Deluxe is $47, down from $56 yesterday... so, even though it still says buy one get one 50% they are definitely dealing on it more than what it said yesterday.. 

The morals of the story:

1. Don't read anything into the sale description that RCI posts
  2. Don't try to figure out how RCI calculates their pricing
  3. If the price looks reasonable, buy it.  If the price drops, cancel and repurchase... no penalties on drink packages (or any other cruise planner purchases, as far as I know)

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, MommyJJ said:

March is next month  so I would imagine that this is the best that you will get this close to sailing. I have been following the drink package sales since April last year. My sailing keeps bouncing between $49 and $52. We are booked for June and I don’t foresee it going lower. I booked one deluxe at $49 and one refreshment at $17 on Black Friday. The refreshment is at $20 now. It’s usually $26. Even if the deluxe drops I would have to rebook the refreshment at the higher price so I wouldn’t be saving anything. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

March is next month  so I would imagine that this is the best that you will get this close to sailing. I have been following the drink package sales since April last year. My sailing keeps bouncing between $49 and $52. We are booked for June and I don’t foresee it going lower. I booked one deluxe at $49 and one refreshment at $17 on Black Friday. The refreshment is at $20 now. It’s usually $26. Even if the deluxe drops I would have to rebook the refreshment at the higher price so I wouldn’t be saving anything. 

Why would you have to pay more for the Refreshment package?  You wouldn't be canceling that, so it should stay the same as you paid for it.  I did see a price reduction to $52 for my June cruise and I purchased that yesterday.  I had booked the refreshment package for the other occupant of my cabin and paid $17 for it.  I didn't have to change the refreshment package to add the alcohol package.  

I am just waiting for the price to go lower, but who knows?

As luck would have it, I had taken a screen shot of prices on Explorer of the Seas, on Tuesday:
Voom surf for one device £8.68 per day (was £9.24). 
Sete Cidades Crater Lakes £33.18 ( was £42.16). 
Village of Sete Cidades &Wine Tasting £40.29 (was £51.35).
So I have just booked the Crater Lakes, Azores,for 03.09.19.
Can’t compare the 3 night dining package, as it isn’t worth it for us as I am Dairy Intolerant, but it was just over £52.00, which I thought was reasonable, as that can be the price for one night on Celebrity. 👌😎

Edited by upwarduk

4 hours ago, katiel53 said:

Why would you have to pay more for the Refreshment package?  You wouldn't be canceling that, so it should stay the same as you paid for it.  I did see a price reduction to $52 for my June cruise and I purchased that yesterday.  I had booked the refreshment package for the other occupant of my cabin and paid $17 for it.  I didn't have to change the refreshment package to add the alcohol package.  

I am just waiting for the price to go lower, but who knows?

Good to know. I didn’t think that they would allow you to cancel one package and not the other since they were purchased together originally. Thanks for clearing that up.

• 1 month later...