CAPE LIBERTY (and NYC) 411-VERSION 5!!!

megr1125

If you’re going into Manhattan I’d pay more to stay in weehawken/Jersey city (it will cost to park) and then drive to bay one and park. Easy ferry or quick path ride into nyc, beautiful views, shopping, restaurants. There are very few stay and park places. Easy to get a bus from secaucus hotels, but I don’t think parking is secure, I wouldn’t be comfortable leaving my vehicle for a week.

• Like 1

We're docking in NYC on Sunday March 3 on Carnival Venezia. Flying from EWR to Detroit. Our flight just changed. We can either fly at 11:30 AM or 3:15 PM. We can carry off our bags and the port is getting Facial Recognition this week. Advice please.

Thanks, Arleen 

46 minutes ago, leen50 said:

We're docking in NYC on Sunday March 3 on Carnival Venezia. Flying from EWR to Detroit. Our flight just changed. We can either fly at 11:30 AM or 3:15 PM. We can carry off our bags and the port is getting Facial Recognition this week. Advice please.

Thanks, Arleen 

IMO an 11:30 flight from EWR is too close for comfort. You can make it if everything works perfectly, but one small hold up and you're out of luck. Do you have TSA Precheck? If not, then I'd say absolutely not to 11:30.

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

IMO an 11:30 flight from EWR is too close for comfort. You can make it if everything works perfectly, but one small hold up and you're out of luck. Do you have TSA Precheck? If not, then I'd say absolutely not to 11:30.

Thanks,  It looks like we'll take the latter flight & hope that it changes again before March.

We have had issues debarking in Manhattan one Sunday, not enough staff at the pier. Lined up before 7, got though security at 11. My daughter’s confirmation was at noon, made it to the church just in time (but unshowered).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjkacmom said:

We have had issues debarking in Manhattan one Sunday, not enough staff at the pier. Lined up before 7, got though security at 11. My daughter’s confirmation was at noon, made it to the church just in time (but unshowered).

while we will take the later flight, I hope that the Facial Recognition will improve debarkation at the Carnival terminal.