"Live" From Symphony of the Seas. February 9-16, 2019 - Trainman-2 Tribute

Thank you for your excellent review. Our first cruise on a mega ship (Symphony) will be in September and with all your pictures I feel as if I have a better perspective on the ship. We will not be eating in any specialty restaurants. Were there any standout food selections that you enjoyed or ones to avoid? 

On 2/15/2019 at 2:58 PM, MrFunInTheSun said:

These are not our only dogs on board as there is a gorgeous poodle type mix dog on board too. Big dog. 

F673500D-6ACF-4FDE-BF2D-23404EF33059_zps

I haven't cruised yet, but I'm on the March 23rd sailing. Where do dogs relieve themselves on board the ship? 

33 minutes ago, bronzeambition said:

I haven't cruised yet, but I'm on the March 23rd sailing. Where do dogs relieve themselves on board the ship? 

There is normally a place on one of the outer decks.  Think a sandbox but with mulch or artificial turf.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, floatel_lvr said:

MFITS,

Thanks for taking us along.  Man, this week went fast for us and we weren't even there!  Must have flown by for you...

I was thinking the same thing!  I've been following it since day one, and I can't believe it's already over, too! LOL

For the most part getting off the ship was a breeze but with a slight delay. Though of course those standing in the long lines awaiting complain not realizing at that moment it’s out of Royal Caribbean’s control until the ship is fully cleared. 

Self assist departure was to start at 630am. I arrived to the deck 5 diningroom just before 630am, sure glad I got there when I did. The line behind me got larger and larger. 

0F858825-7236-4081-A8D5-497CD44B8C16_zps

Around 6:50am the line began its descend to exit the ship, made my way thru customs which consisted looking at my passport and asking what city I lived in. By 7:05am I was at my car and looking at this...

F1B5BDC5-73D0-46E6-B02D-7C9A817372BC_zps

Getting out of Miami was a breeze this time of morning. Sadly around 7:50am I encountered an accident that happened on i75 south. After finding out details on what happened when I got home I learned it happened at around 4:30 am and two police officers didn’t survive the accident.

3A3CB133-D0D4-47CA-B446-5347C5358E85_zps

23B336DE-C735-455A-BD92-0D07FCDCFC89_zps

The stuck traffic going south on i75 went on for miles. Folks that had been stuck were outside of their cars visiting with each other to pass by the time. This no doubt impacted some folks on the way to Ft Lauderdale or Miami to catch a ship if they didn’t check their route beforehand. 

2B311E23-0B9A-425F-B681-5E827E77022D_zps

Made it home and then took these two for a drive...

04AD7153-86CE-4087-822A-5985E6E2D362_zps

Edited by MrFunInTheSun
  • Like 4

The Four sisters are now united and no longer sad as they were missing one.

298ABF56-F990-4A9C-8BE4-94B548286103_zps

The second “Oasis Class” display spot is now only missing one, but that will be rectified in May when I sail on Lady Allure..

63187FD8-EA94-4A3D-BE9D-FC51DEE4F432_zps

Symphony of the seas crystal block has been placed into its new spot..Now onward to the next block, which ship will it be? 

E462EE00-D0C7-459B-9DD2-54F543AFFC80_zps

Sadky there will not be a meal tonight in the main dining room or specialty restaurant. No drinks in the Diamond Lounge. 😞 Onward back to reality until the next cruise! Thank goodness the wait now is only 78 days away!

26B5ADD7-5FA5-421E-9141-B0BBB850A00F_zps

Way back I was asked about noise in my room. My room was on deck 8. This room wasn’t as quiet as my past boardwalk balcony I had on Harmony. Everytime someone was about to come down the slide you’d hear the sound affects in the ride those in the slide hear. Obviously you’d only hear this when the slide was open. If you want to try to squeeze some ocean view from a boardwalk, deck 8 is not the best location to achieve that. Best to go up to deck 10 or 11. This would help better in seeing past the slide. You could hear some with shows going on and some overall noise but with door closed it wasn’t to bad. If you’re a light sleeper and but have good quality quiet before midnight then you may want to get a Central Park balcony.

Edited by MrFunInTheSun

10 minutes ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

The Four sisters are now united and no longer sad as they were missing one.

298ABF56-F990-4A9C-8BE4-94B548286103_zps

The second “Oasis Class” display spot is now only missing one, but that will be rectified in May when I sail on Lady Allure..

63187FD8-EA94-4A3D-BE9D-FC51DEE4F432_zps

Symphony of the seas crystal block has been placed into its new spot..Now onward to the next block, which ship will it be? 

E462EE00-D0C7-459B-9DD2-54F543AFFC80_zps

Sadky there will not be a meal tonight in the main dining room or specialty restaurant. No drinks in the Diamond Lounge. 😞 Onward back to reality until the next cruise! Thank goodness the wait now is only 78 days away!

26B5ADD7-5FA5-421E-9141-B0BBB850A00F_zps

Way back I was asked about noise in my room. My room was on deck 8. This room wasn’t as quiet as my past boardwalk balcony I had on Harmony. Everytime someone was about to come down the slide you’d hear the sound affects in the ride those in the slide hear. Obviously you’d only hear this when the slide was open. If you want to try to squeeze some ocean view from a boardwalk, deck 8 is not the best location to achieve that. Best to go up to deck 10 or 11. This would help better in seeing past the slide. You could hear some with shows going on and some overall noise but with door closed it wasn’t to bad. If you’re a light sleeper and but have good quality quiet before midnight then you may want to get a Central Park balcony.

Love how they have even scaled back the size of the ship models since Oasis. 

15 hours ago, tinkr2 said:

Yikes, that ship looks awful. I do not think I realized thats where Sunrise was coming from. I booked a trip on her to Cuba for January.

Am sure it will all sparkling new when they are done. However from the outside it appears as they have cut back on maintenance until Lady Carnival Triumph goes into plastic surgery and emerges to be Lady Carnival Sunrise. But with that being the ship that floated at sea for a few days full of people without power a few years ago, when the name changes most won’t put two and two together. Bookings will go thru the roof as it will appear as a new ship. 

14 hours ago, tinkr2 said:

This was a really stellar review. Thanks for posting all the different restaurants. We are specialty people so I forget about all the great free choices. You are cruising on Harmony the week we always go on a cruise for our anniversary, Sept 19th. I won't see you though bc we are trying the Presidents cruise instead.

Thanks for following along. Glad you enjoyed, You May miss my Harmony cruise, but in May will have my Allure cruise you can follow along with. 

12 hours ago, Hopetotravel said:

Thanks so much for replying, glad we don't have to take the scenic route to the elevators. Thanks for the trip report. Just one more week and it's our turn. 🤗

You’re welcome. Your cruise will be amazing!

10 hours ago, RazorbackIslandGirl said:

GREAT review! Thanks for letting us tag along! It helps get us through until our next cruise. Safe travels home!

You’re very welcome. Thanks for following along! 

8 hours ago, floatel_lvr said:

MFITS,

Thanks for taking us along.  Man, this week went fast for us and we weren't even there!  Must have flown by for you...

Week went by WAY to fast. Glad you enjoyed. Thanks for following along!

8 hours ago, LBumb said:

Train man would be very proud

Awe, thanks for your kind compliment. I’m still upset I wasn’t able to find and eat bread pudding in his honor.

7 hours ago, Lorey2007 said:

Did you make it to see Hairspray 

Indeed I did, was good and glad I got to see it. 

7 hours ago, GaylaSD said:

I think so too!  Good job and thanks!

You’re welcome!

7 hours ago, mcgore83 said:

Enjoyed your review and tribute to Trainman 2.  Thanks for taking the time to share your adventure with us.

You’re welcome and thanks for following along! 

6 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

Thank you for your excellent review. Our first cruise on a mega ship (Symphony) will be in September and with all your pictures I feel as if I have a better perspective on the ship. We will not be eating in any specialty restaurants. Were there any standout food selections that you enjoyed or ones to avoid? 

Thanks for following along! You are in for an amazing week. None of the food stuck out but I don’t have any complaints. I did miss not having the unlimate Dining Package. Was actually just talking about that with my friends as we were wrapping up our last dinner in main dining room. But I’m not sure I missed eating at a specialty restaurant purely for the food but also in part for less people and noise. Less hustle and bustle in the specialty restaurants. 😀

6 hours ago, LBumb said:

To me worse feeling in the world besides stepping off the ship is seeing luggage lined up night before in hallway. 

Seeing those bags is horrible. 😀

6 hours ago, Bajan Keith said:

Great review. Thanks for posting!!

Thanks for following along! 

6 hours ago, Dr. Pam said:

Thank you for taking us all along. Truly enjoyed the journey!:classic_smile:

5 hours ago, er345 said:

Thank you for all of the pictures! We will be on Symphony in 2 weeks and I have loved the preview. Really enjoyed this!

Thanks for following along! You are in for a treat, she’s an amazing ship. Can’t wait to sail on her again. 

4 hours ago, cruceriantes said:

Thanks so much for your live review and for the awesome tribute to Trainman.  

You’re welcome and thanks for following along! 

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

MrFuninTheSun, how was disembarkation today?  Smooth as always, or a few delays due to Roatan? 

Was only slightly delayed about 20mins. But once the ship cleared and lines moving it went fast.

4 hours ago, bronzeambition said:

Down at the aft of the ship on deck 5, running track there is a square box with bark mulch in it. 

Looks similar to this one.

90101BA8-ED22-4BBA-BE5F-5F787EA9CF19_zps

4 hours ago, Swank Pad G said:

I enjoyed your adventures and pictures so much. Thank you for all your hard work to bring us along on your trip. Counting the days till our next trip on Harmony in October!

3 hours ago, acthorson said:

I was thinking the same thing!  I've been following it since day one, and I can't believe it's already over, too! LOL

Indeed they go WAY to quick! 😞

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CruiseMomTX said:

What and where is this??  lol  Were doing the bar hop for the first time in March and are excited.  Are there certain stops you can order food?  

You’re in for an amazing time! 

All four bars they bring you to  have food. 

This lobster plate was at our first stop Punta Morena. It is a seasonal item from what we were advertised. 

9DC8D5C7-DAA1-4455-9ACF-97F1BF907C74_zps

FE75212B-5B15-4EEE-8B8C-AD310490E77D_zps

0FA0D220-2D3A-4120-BBB3-AD15F802CA96_zps

7D5C4369-A4CE-480C-9B1F-119788858297_zps

C7D27498-C771-42F5-B8DB-0A5DFDFD2669_zps

13C15D3A-C59F-4CE1-9415-8EA9950ED34C_zps

Edited by MrFunInTheSun

Thanks for a great live review, and also a touching tribute to Trainman-2. I have enjoyed following along, and have made some notes for our upcoming Symphony cruise. I will be looking for your live from Allure, as we disembark from Symphony the day before you board Allure, and post cruise depression will be setting in!