Question for Insigina pax

ICT lineman

We were just on Insignia. I didn’t count them all but there are two on the desk in a Concierge level stateroom. I think there was one on each side of the bed but I’m not sure. The two on the desk were fine for us charging one phone, a Fitbit and two iPads during a 19 day cruise.

5 hours ago, Riverroad said:

We were just on Insignia. I didn’t count them all but there are two on the desk in a Concierge level stateroom. I think there was one on each side of the bed but I’m not sure. The two on the desk were fine for us charging one phone, a Fitbit and two iPads during a 19 day cruise.

This is what I was remembering as well from last month.  One of the desk USB's is the higher power for faster charging (if your device supports that).  The others were all 'normal' power.  Happy charging!

We're currently on the Insignia...we are in a PH suite and have 2 USB ports at the desk and one above each of the two nightstands, so 4 all together.  The desk also has 2 American outlets and 2 European outlets on the wall and one American outlet under the desk (where your legs are).  There is a European outlet at each nightstand.  As the previous poster said, one of the USB's at the desk says "high power" on it, but the other 3 are regular.  If your American devices need to be plugged into one of the European outlets, you need an adapter PLUS a voltage converter!  An electrical guy came in the inspect one of my devices and said that many people burn up their devices because they use an adapter but forget the converter.  (I have always used both).

8 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

We're currently on the Insignia...we are in a PH suite and have 2 USB ports at the desk and one above each of the two nightstands, so 4 all together.  The desk also has 2 American outlets and 2 European outlets on the wall and one American outlet under the desk (where your legs are).  There is a European outlet at each nightstand.  As the previous poster said, one of the USB's at the desk says "high power" on it, but the other 3 are regular.  If your American devices need to be plugged into one of the European outlets, you need an adapter PLUS a voltage converter!  An electrical guy came in the inspect one of my devices and said that many people burn up their devices because they use an adapter but forget the converter.  (I have always used both).

My experience has been that most if not all standard chargers for electronics (phones, tablets, laptops, etc) are dual voltage and do not need converters. Never had a problem.

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 1985rz1 said:

My experience has been that most if not all standard chargers for electronics (phones, tablets, laptops, etc) are dual voltage and do not need converters. Never had a problem.

Yep, but it's always good to check. I do know that Apple products are all dual voltage. Others I'm not sure on. 

The higher powered USB would be for a iPad as opposed to an iPhone. But I've been guilty of charging both with either one. 

38 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

ok  so I  am technologically challenged

Do you charge  laptops/phones  with USB?

I have a power cord I use  & both my netbook & phone  are dual voltage

You can, but don't have to.  I prefer using the plugin charger myself, as our phones are both fast charge enabled an (except in this case where there is one fast charging usb) I can't depend on there being one.  Our tablet is not fast charge enabled but I still prefer a plugin charger over the usb. Also, I'm in an established rut when it comes to carrying electronics.  Laptops don't usually have a usb charge option and you need the plugin. We usually use a tablet rather than a laptop because it's less trouble..that's a personal choice.

Edited by 1985rz1

47 minutes ago, ORV said:

Yep, but it's always good to check. I do know that Apple products are all dual voltage. Others I'm not sure on. 

The higher powered USB would be for a iPad as opposed to an iPhone. But I've been guilty of charging both with either one. 

Our stuff is all android.  Laptop is Dell and dual voltage, but we rarely take it.  

Edited by 1985rz1

2 hours ago, 1985rz1 said:

Apparently there have been problems or the worker wouldn't have discussed it with me.  Better to check than be sorry.  😉