What was your first Princess cruise? and Your favorite Princess ship?

CaboWabo62

48 minutes ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

My first Princess ship was the Dawn Princess to Alaska with my parents and brother. It was my last time in the Kids’ club, and my mom let me go to the disco with them, since I had just graduated from High School. I never thought I’d ever return to Alaska after that, let alone marry an Alaskan, move there, and go on 5 more Alaska cruises! 😆 My favorite ship is the Royal/Regal series because although I don’t like how small the balconies are, I adore the redesigned Horizon Court and Pastry Shop! 😍

Wow.  Dawn Princess?  How long ago was that? :classic_ohmy: 

Is it still in the fleet?  Where does it sail from/to?

King

Edited by Kingofcool1947

First cruise for DW was: 1998....Grand Princess... Inaugural year

First cruise for me was:  2002....Golden Princess..Inaugural year

My favorite ship(s):.... All the Grand Class, however, like cruisequeen4ever,  I really do like the Atrium and Horizon Court layouts on the Royal Class ships, and dislike the balconies.

Edited by cruisingpeople

First Cruise 2016 the Golden.... 13 nights

Was not shore about the whole cruising thing...

By the end of the second day.... was hooked....

why Princess our TA,, we spend 3 hours discussion, and her recommendation

was a suite on princess...... and she was right... fitted us to a tee....

and have two cruises booked this year

( yes there is still time for a third )

Cheers Don  

My first cruise on a Princess ship was on the old Sky Princess back in the late 1990's.  It was a 12 night sailing from San Francisco to Alaska and back.  It was not my first cruise but had never sailed in such rough water before.  Many of the crew was sea sick and most of the passengers were as well.  The cabins were really small .... like 121 sq ft and the beds didn't even push together.  You went to dinner at an assigned time and were seated with whomever Princess assigned to your table.  

Even with this, it may have been one of my favorite Princess cruises.  They had large tables set up out on the back deck and cooked your food for you out there ... breakfast and lunch anyway.  That sailing, once I found some sea sickness prevention, made me fall in love with cruising.   

My first Princess cruise was on the original Royal Princess in 1986, San Juan to Acapulco, a 10 day Christmas Cruise.  That cruise was one of my more memorable ones.  The travel arrangements that we had to experience to get to San Juan, my first Christmas Eve and Day at sea, my first Panama Canal transit, and the ship and the entertainment she provided:  that cruise is a standard by which I measure other holiday cruises that I have experienced.

The travel experience after the cruise from Acapulco to my home were memorable/interesting.

My favorite:  the original Royal Princess.  I sailed on her a second time on a Fort Lauderdale-Manaus-Rome itinerary, a re-positioning cruise.  She was as wonderful as before and the Princess cruises since still do not meet her standard.  

Edited by rkacruiser

7 minutes ago, OCruisers said:

Our Princess history says we sailed on Sky Princess in 1989.

Actually, at the time it was a Sitmar ship -- Fairsky.  

The ship's name had not been changed, perhaps, but it was a Princess ship.  I was aboard Fairwind in 1988 when we sailed from Port Everglades as a Sitmar ship and returned as a Princess ship.  Sitmar had been sold to Princess while we were on the cruise and learned about such when we were aboard.  My dining room Stewards on the Fairwind were "concerned" as to what the sale meant for them.  But, the wonderful Sitmar service, cuisine, and ambiance continued to the end of the cruise.

41 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

The ship's name had not been changed, perhaps, but it was a Princess ship.  I was aboard Fairwind in 1988 when we sailed from Port Everglades as a Sitmar ship and returned as a Princess ship.  Sitmar had been sold to Princess while we were on the cruise and learned about such when we were aboard.  My dining room Stewards on the Fairwind were "concerned" as to what the sale meant for them.  But, the wonderful Sitmar service, cuisine, and ambiance continued to the end of the cruise.

Happily, only real changes were made after the buy out for several years and we still have their  great pasta on Princess ships.

Always will miss Sitmar.  

• Like 1

My first Princess cruise was in 1994 aboard the original Island Princess, a 12-day Med cruise.  Still remains one of the best cruises I've ever taken. 

My favourite ship is the current Pacific Princess, with the Coral Princess a very close second. 

7 hours ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

Wow.  Dawn Princess?  How long ago was that? :classic_ohmy: 

Is it still in the fleet?  Where does it sail from/to?

King

The Dawn Princess was transferred to P&O Australia a couple of years ago and is now the Pacific Explorer

First cruise was the original Regal Princess in 1991.

My favorite would be the original Royal Princess. 

The ships are getting way too big now and ports are overloaded.  On the bright side, cruising  with Princess is a lot less expensive than it was!

First Princess Cruise was in January, 1992 on the original Star Princess. Sailed the southern Caribbean from San Juan. No specialty restaurants at that time but the MDR food was outstanding. Lobster, caviar, etc. Formal nights were just that, everybody dressed. It was a great cruise. Although we still sail Princess as we are now Elite, we sadly can see the downgrades in food fleet wide.

Edited by Aloha 1

First cruise May 2006 ,on the Island Princess  Alaska Cruise .  It was the catalyst  for retirement  thoughts ,I retired in September 2006 .

Favorite  ship the Caribbean  Princess ,  just returned   from a 14 day cruise on her. The improvements  made made a great ship an outstanding  one .

First Princess cruise was on the Star Princess in 2007 for our 30th anniversary, a Baltic cruise. That is still my favorite cruise.

Not sure of favorite, possibly the small, but no longer in the Princess Fleet, Ocean Princess (British Isles cruise).

First Princess Cruise was on the Sky Princess in 1991 12 days round trip to Alaska from San Francisco so much fun, we had one sitting for dinner and they prepared your Cesar Salad tableside plus dessert ( Cherries Jubilee) by your Dining room Captains. By gone days now, everyone dressed up for dinner. It also happens to be my favorite ship, I met a lot of bartenders that were from England ( I am originally from there) they have since become some of my closest friends. Great memories.