Your First Princess Cruise

MsSoCalCruiser

1 hour ago, ShipsAreTheBest said:

So Princess had an Italian dining room operation on Pacific and Island Princess prior to the Sitmar merger.  The ships, which were Norwegian-flagged before Princess (P&O) bought them had Norwegian officers but Italian galley and dining room staff.  When Princess bought them outright, they were re-flagged to the UK and got British officers, but the Italian dining room/galley staff remained.  Their food was held in high regard in the industry at the time.

Thanks for the information...while it’s getting rarer we sometimes have Italian officers & Italian/Portuguese waitstaff who started at Sitmar.

On 2/10/2019 at 1:55 AM, MsSoCalCruiser said:

My very first Princess cruise was on the Sapphire Princess in 2012.  The Sapphire is still my favorite ship and Princess is still my favorite line.  Which was your first Princess ship?

Ruby Princess~~Oct. 2010!  Loved it!

Our first cruise on Princess was in 1994 on the “old” Regal. It was our 10th anniversary and everyone kept asking us if we were on our honeymoon. When we told them it was our tenth they all said we were babies when we got married.

I think my favorite is the Coral, we did a fourteen day and a seven day on her. 

New Regal next. 

First cruise and probably still may favorite (maybe just because it was the first) was in 2015 in the Emerald Princess to the Western Caribbean. I loved the ship and we had fun shore excursions at each port. We sailed out of Houston which was cool, sadly they don't use Houston anymore for various reasons.

I remember we had a memorable homecoming as we flew into Boston during the "snowmaggedon" that year. For a while they thought we would have to divert from Boston to Bradley Field on Connecticut. Our plane circled over Providence while they cleared the runway at Logan, then we came in with a very scary landing. Everyone applauded when the pilot finally brought the plane to a stop. There was probably a lot of praying going on.

#1 Emerald Princess, to Alaska, July 2018.

# 2 is her sister, Ruby Princess in 2 weeks, to Cabo.

#3 (not Princess,   :(   is a Navy reunion and someone else chose the line) in September to the Eastern Caribbean

#4 in April next year, Royal Princess, to the Mexican Riviera

I may have a problem.

First cruise, as a civilian, was on the old Sky Princess. Our stateroom was actually smaller than the one I had on my last Coast Guard ship and I kept waiting for someone to wake me up and tell me there was a problem in the engineroom.

My wife and I loved it and we were hooked. We really miss the small ships.

5 hours ago, KBS1607 said:

Our first cruise on Princess was in 1994 on the “old” Regal. It was our 10th anniversary and everyone kept asking us if we were on our honeymoon. When we told them it was our tenth they all said we were babies when we got married.

I think my favorite is the Coral, we did a fourteen day and a seven day on her. 

New Regal next. 

We were on the "old" Regal for a Panama Canal cruise in 2006 and it was one of our favorite cruises.  I loved that ship.  It was laid out so nice and the service that trip was amazing.  I miss that ship.

4 hours ago, Yukonjake said:

#1 Emerald Princess, to Alaska, July 2018.

# 2 is her sister, Ruby Princess in 2 weeks, to Cabo.

#3 (not Princess,   :(   is a Navy reunion and someone else chose the line) in September to the Eastern Caribbean

#4 in April next year, Royal Princess, to the Mexican Riviera

I may have a problem.

LOL! We ALL have a problem!  My first Princess in 2010 on Ruby.....next up...Crown, Sapphire, Emerald and Coral!

2 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I agree! Great lines!

I remember first seeing her in the 1st Love Boat movie (1976).

After that, I always wanted to sail on a Princess ship. Too bad I missed the original vessels, but my recent (and very first) trip on Regal had me fall for this line.

12 minutes ago, Vic The Parrot said:

I remember first seeing her in the 1st Love Boat movie (1976).

After that, I always wanted to sail on a Princess ship. Too bad I missed the original vessels, but my recent (and very first) trip on Regal had me fall for this line.

Love the Regal. What a great first Princess Cruise!

• Like 1

On 2/16/2019 at 9:48 PM, MiniMark said:

My first "official" Princess cruise was on the Star Princess in November 2015 on a repositioning from Vancouver to Los Angeles during the Golden Anniversary season.  While on board I learned that Princess Cruises' origin came from the chartering of the Canadian Pacific's coastal steamer the Princess Patricia on winter runs along the Mexican Riviera in the winter of 1965/66.  While reading about that beginning, I realised that it was the winter that my grandfather, who was a chief steward for Canadian Pacific's coastal steamer network in British Columbia, was away to Mexico on the Princess Pat, the sister ship of the Princess Marguerite, his regular ship.  I recalled the fantastic leather coat that he brought back for me, along with a handful of pesos, and understood that my first Princess cruise was on the Marguerite sailing with my grandfather on a round trip between Victoria, BC and Port Angeles, WA when I was 5 years old.  Have sailed on the Ruby since, and will be on board her again in just 5 weeks with some wonderful friends on a Hawaiian adventure.  Looking forward to more Princess memories!!

Further to my story above, I dug out a couple of photos of the "original" Princess Cruises ship, the Princess Patricia, as well as her sister ship the Princess Marguerite.  Hope you can see them, I have a hit-and-miss track record when it comes to uploading images!  Cheers!!

Princess Patricia 1.jpg

Princess Patricia 2.jpg

Princess Marguerite.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vic The Parrot said:

That's a nice shot!

Shame she's gone. She was pretty in her special way.

1 hour ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I agree! Great lines!

This reminds me of the OLD Golden Princess ship that my parents sailed on back in 

1993 out of San Francisco.  They had the best time on that ship.