Mailing of Ocean Medallion

johnmik1

I just received notice this week that our medallions were mailed from Singapore and are scheduled to arrive on February 11th. We sail on the Regal on the 24th. We registered on Ocean Ready approx a month ago.

We have some procrastinators in our group who only just registered last week on Ocean Ready and requested the medallion to be sent to their homes. I'd like to know what is the latest you can register and still receive it on time. 

Regardless, if you don't receive them on time you can still get them at the port or once onboard.

Edited by hllwdcruiser

1 hour ago, hllwdcruiser said:

I just received notice this week that our medallions were mailed from Singapore and are scheduled to arrive on February 11th. We sail on the Regal on the 24th. We registered on Ocean Ready approx a month ago.

We have some procrastinators in our group who only just registered last week on Ocean Ready and requested the medallion to be sent to their homes. I'd like to know what is the latest you can register and still receive it on time. 

Regardless, if you don't receive them on time you can still get them at the port or once onboard.

I’ll be on board with you on the 24th! Says our medallions will be in on Tuesday

edited to add: ours were ordered on 1/28

Edited by Jemcdonough85
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Potstech said:

With the Medallions do you recieve instructions on how to set them up?

Believe it or not, I haven't had chance to open the box yet, but will post photos on this thread once I do. 

Can you please explain what you are looking for when you ask for instructions to "set them up" before I post? I'm not sure we have to do anything except put them in their plastic holder.

• Like 1

What if you download the ocean ready app fill out all the proper info for the medallion and the medallion is mailed to you;  once you get your medallion you go to ocean ready app and you have two red marks instead of the normal green check marks?

2 hours ago, hllwdcruiser said:

Believe it or not, I haven't had chance to open the box yet, but will post photos on this thread once I do. 

Can you please explain what you are looking for when you ask for instructions to "set them up" before I post? I'm not sure we have to do anything except put them in their plastic holder.

I posted a new thread on opening the medallions:

1 minute ago, AF-1 said:

What if you download the ocean ready app fill out all the proper info for the medallion and the medallion is mailed to you;  once you get your medallion you go to ocean ready app and you have two red marks instead of the normal green check marks?

That happens to me a lot, usually regarding the travel documents - I don't know why - it's a glitch in their system. I just click on the circles again - they have all the info already there and then it turns green again.

Our cruise is supposed to be OM (on the Royal) but it will be their first one on that ship.  Can someone tell me how to sign up for this?  So far, there is nothing in my cruise personalizer.  Am I too early?  The cruise sails in 2 months from now.  

4 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Our cruise is supposed to be OM (on the Royal) but it will be their first one on that ship.  Can someone tell me how to sign up for this?  So far, there is nothing in my cruise personalizer.  Am I too early?  The cruise sails in 2 months from now.  

Anyone can download Ocean Ready to a smart phone or tablet. Whether you can upload your booking number depends on if your sailing will be OM or not. The only way to preregister is through Ocean Ready but if you don't and your ship is OM then you will receive your medallions at the port or at the latest, onboard.

We received an e-mail from Princess to pre-register via Ocean Ready AND every time we logged in to the Princess site it gave us instructions to download the App.

2 hours ago, hllwdcruiser said:

Anyone can download Ocean Ready to a smart phone or tablet. Whether you can upload your booking number depends on if your sailing will be OM or not. The only way to preregister is through Ocean Ready but if you don't and your ship is OM then you will receive your medallions at the port or at the latest, onboard.

We received an e-mail from Princess to pre-register via Ocean Ready AND every time we logged in to the Princess site it gave us instructions to download the App.

When is your cruise? We are on Royal 4/13 ( same as Cruise Raider). Read something that said Ocean Ready available 1-2 months prior to departure.

How far in advance of your cruise does it work? Our cruise personalizer just changed to say it’s an Ocean Medallion sailing, but we haven’t gotten any info about downloading the app or setting it up yet. When I try to log in to Ocean Ready it says it can’t find my booking. We’ll be on the Royal in June. 

2 minutes ago, Idratherbeatsea said:

When is your cruise? We are on Royal 4/13 ( same as Cruise Raider). Read something that said Ocean Ready available 1-2 months prior to departure.

Sorry if there was any misunderstanding as I was just replying to a question in regards to the Medallion. We are sailing on the Regal in less than two weeks and are not on the Royal.

21 hours ago, sciteach11 said:

How far in advance of your cruise does it work? Our cruise personalizer just changed to say it’s an Ocean Medallion sailing, but we haven’t gotten any info about downloading the app or setting it up yet. When I try to log in to Ocean Ready it says it can’t find my booking. We’ll be on the Royal in June. 

Hello,  you will receive an email from Princess with a link and instructions for downloading your  Ocean Ready app.  I would say six weeks prior to sailing.  Once you download the app and create your profile; you will be able to order your medalllions

Edited by AF-1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2/11/2019 at 11:21 AM, hllwdcruiser said:

Oh good ...thank you!!  I haven't received anything stating we can pre-register through Ocean Ready.  I think I will download Ocean Ready on my tablet.  

• Like 1