Mailing of Ocean Medallion

johnmik1

56 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Oh good ...thank you!!  I haven't received anything stating we can pre-register through Ocean Ready.  I think I will download Ocean Ready on my tablet.  

I downloaded it before our cruise on the Regal Princess. While it wasn't necessary, it was handy that it was already downloaded when we boarded.

• Like 2

On 2/11/2019 at 1:10 PM, Cruise Raider said:

Our cruise is supposed to be OM (on the Royal) but it will be their first one on that ship.  Can someone tell me how to sign up for this?  So far, there is nothing in my cruise personalizer.  Am I too early?  The cruise sails in 2 months from now.  

Don't hold your breath that the Royal will be ready by then, BUT, if it is, you will receive an email (as mentioned) when you can order it. We were just on the Regal and got our Medallions ahead of time. We were dropped off at Terminal 2 at 10:36 and in the Platinum Lounge by 10:44, and that included the time our passports had to be re-scanned due to some glitch. On the ship by 11:01!

People who did not preorder their Medallions received them at the port. We were still given cruise cards, never used ours the whole week, although staff is still learning. Overall, they worked well for us!

• Thanks 1

We will be on the Regal this August.  Will that be an OM cruise?  If so, can we not do all the stuff above and just get the OM thingy when we check-in at port?  I really don't want to use this and would only use as door opener anyway.  Yeah, I am one of those "old" people.  Am not excited about this whole thing at all.  Hate apps, etc.  So maybe we won't be having an OM cruise as I hear that internet, etc. not that great overseas and during a TA?

Pooh

Pooh,  yes you can fill out the ocean ready app and request to have your ocean medallion waiting for you at the port.  There is an ocean medallion check in area at the port now.

Edited by AF-1
added txt

4 hours ago, WisCruiser2 said:

Don't hold your breath that the Royal will be ready by then, BUT, if it is, you will receive an email (as mentioned) when you can order it. We were just on the Regal and got our Medallions ahead of time. We were dropped off at Terminal 2 at 10:36 and in the Platinum Lounge by 10:44, and that included the time our passports had to be re-scanned due to some glitch. On the ship by 11:01!

People who did not preorder their Medallions received them at the port. We were still given cruise cards, never used ours the whole week, although staff is still learning. Overall, they worked well for us!

Great to know ... thanks!  

Not sure if I mentioned it on this thread but was booked for the May repo cruise on the Royal and canceled it after they noted we wouldn't be getting the OM.  Looks like they may have it in place after all ... but without that guarantee, I looked for a cheaper sailing and found this one in April.  No drink package but it was like a third of the price with my discounts.  It wasn't until a couple of weeks ago I noticed that it turned into an OM Vacation, as listed on their website.  So, I wasn't originally expecting it when I booked this sailing so, won't be too disappointed if it isn't in place and fully operational.  And, I will be pleasantly surprised if it is up and running.  At least I see they already have the MedallionNet, which others have mentioned is working great! 

Thanks for the info  (from a fellow former Cheesehead)!!   

Edited by Cruise Raider

21 hours ago, PoohUnderstands said:

We will be on the Regal this August.  Will that be an OM cruise?  If so, can we not do all the stuff above and just get the OM thingy when we check-in at port?  I really don't want to use this and would only use as door opener anyway.  Yeah, I am one of those "old" people.  Am not excited about this whole thing at all.  Hate apps, etc.  So maybe we won't be having an OM cruise as I hear that internet, etc. not that great overseas and during a TA?

Pooh

Yes, you will have to use the Medallion. I think the cruise cards will not even be given out soon, if our week wasn't the last to have them. The Medallion was used to get off/on the ship and pay for everything on board. 

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 2:07 PM, johnmik1 said:

Can anyone tell me how far in advance of your cruise the Medallion is mailed?

Even thought I set up and confirmed on the Ocean Ready app that the Medallions were going to be sent to my home, when I called Princess, they said it was set up to be picked up at the port.  I'm having them change it to home delivery.  Make sure you check periodically to verify if they are going to be sent to you, or, you have to pick them up at the port.