What would you take?

winterblue

5 minutes ago, CA_Cruzing said:

Time to up your game. Life is short. Take more vacations. Choose better friends. 

However, I hope they don’t add “balcony” to the description. That’d be a huge game changer for Balcony Club members. 

Dang all you balcony people.  Inside rooms suck compared to them I hear 😆 

I take a pop up hamper to keep dirty clothes separate from clean ones.

A collapsible 'bin' (like the square ones you put in the cubical shelves) is nice to sit on the counter for random stuff & folds completely flat to put in your luggage.

We usually travel in 2 cabins - our teenage/college kids in the other. I make a daily schedule and tape it to our mirrors. For example: It will say Tuesday - Grand Turk - Ready to go ashore at 9:00 - take your spending money, water camera,  & specific things needed for an excursion. Dinner: Elegant night.  They go to bed & get up at different times than we do. They can refer to the schedule and know when they're suppose to be ready , what to bring, etc.

Flat tote bag of some sort (Vera Bradley, beach bag, etc) and put it in the bottom of the main suitcase & pack on top of it. It's great if I need extra packing space to bring home souveniers. They usually count as a personal item when carrying on a plane.

These are all great suggestions, and I thank you all for your help! I added some before we headed out. 

We just got off the Triumph, and the rooms have all been redone. We had an interior. The bathroom counter was much larger, with shelves on the sides. Lots of storage there. But the redesign of the closet and desk space left us with no drawers or shelves. There is a (VERY) small fridge where drawers used to be, and only hanging space in the closets. 

One thing I will add to my list is a door decoration! There were many cute ones, and they helped us find our room!

Happy Cruising, all!

On 2/13/2019 at 9:47 AM, NauticalNeophyte said:

I have learned to bring these washcloths on my next cruise.  A hot Caribbean day, sunscreen and deet are not a good mix.  With these you can wipe the stickiness off during your excursions, clean hands, faces, tables, etc.  Pair it with a travel stick of deodorant and you’re good to go for hours. 

Also packing cubes made life much simpler.  No need to unpack underwear or pajamas, just slide them in the drawers.  And they took up less space in my suitcase.  I also have the travel toiletry bag by the same compay. I liked that it could hang in the bathroom.  A hanging jewelry organizer was also nice for all the small items.  

A lightweight throw is nice to have on windy sea days.  

https://www.amazon.com/Toiletry-Cosmetic-Accessories-Toiletries-Organizer/dp/B01IHBHCOA/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1549841513&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=bagail+toiletry+bags&dpPl=1&dpID=51h7rkAljOL&ref=plSrch

https://www.amazon.com/Packing-Various-Travel-Luggage-Organizers/dp/B01IB8Q9HA

D0AB16B2-13BD-45E3-8AC0-3A2C8F5CE7EB.jpeg

Are these similar to baby wipes?

I second the packing cubes! We started using them after the military moved us overseas and we knew we'd be living out of hotels for a few weeks-they are a game changer!! Especially for me packing three kids, so much easier to put the cubes in the drawers when we get to our room than try to arrange everyone's clothes!