What would you take?

winterblue

20 minutes ago, TheJayCat said:

I bring my own toilet paper. The toilet paper that they provide is horrible.

Not good idea to take your own toilet paper.  :classic_ohmy:

The toilet paper on the ship is "Marine Grade" which is used on ships to not clog up the plumbing.

• Like 1

• I have my prescribed and some over-the-counter medications packed into a WebsterPak by my chemist, so all I need to bring in this line is Vitamin C chewable tablets. I buy the smallest size I can, and keep it in my handbag for quick access.
  • Clipboard with a writing pad and pen attached by a string.
  • Several battery-operated tea lights.
  • Phone and computer chargers-travel in my handbag for quick access (I forgot the computer charger ONCE-I learnt how frustrating having to buy a notepad to keep notes was! :classic_rolleyes:
  • Emergency contact details.

Hope this helps someone. I learnt a tremendous lot from Cruise Critic before my 1st sailing-with another cruiseline but am booked on the Carnival Splendour November 2020. And IMPATIENTLY counting down the days!

Thanks for all the responses. Plenty to think about what to pack...and what NOT to pack! I try to find the balance between traveling light, but having some helpful things. It is interesting to see how we all travel differently...and yet can enjoy all being on the ship together!

Happy Sailing...

WinterBlue

• Like 2

I forgot to add: bring a spare pair of prescription glasses-I have both regular clear and sunglasses, so the newest pairs are on me and in my handbag, and the previous prescription pairs are in the suitcase as spares. Also a small First Aid kit and some extra Band-Aids (sticking plasters for you I think) as I always seem to get a blister when I forget the Band-Aids! Also sunscreen, history of skin cancer in the family, so taking no chances, and wear a brimmed hat with elastic fitted under my chin so it stays on my head!

Please keep the great ideas coming, some aren't relevant to me, but thought provoking.

We take a small first aid kit (because you never know) and pretty much the entire medicine cabinet--my daily medications that I have to take, heartburn meds for DH, ibuprofen and Aleve, liquid ibuprofen (found at CVS) for our son who can't swallow pills, AfterSun aloe vera with lidocaine (in case of too much sun/not enough sunscreen), seasick meds, allergy meds, Peptobismol and a partridge in a pear tree. (Little joke. Very little.)

On 2/13/2019 at 1:07 PM, shellster1 said:

I love this idea! I always circle the things that look fun, but it's hard to see with an ink pen. :)

I love using the Carnival Hub app and then you can save your favorites and it will give you an alert 15 minutes before the event starts

I bought a mesh clothes peg bag- the kind your mom used to use to store clothes pegs when hanging the laundry outside! I hang it in the shower and it holds all my shower stuff since there's very limited shelf space! Since it's a fine mesh, nothing falls through and it dries in a hurry.

Febreeze for the bathroom- because!

Bug spray if you're going on an excursion where you might need it! I had to buy a packet with 4 bug wipes once and it cost me $15!!! It would have been $3-$4 at home!

Ginger pills- great for seasickness or upset stomach- just be careful if you're on blood thinners! I just found out that ginger can cause issues if you do!

If you park at the port, maybe think about bringing windex and paper towels to clean your windshield! After each of our cruises in Galveston we returned to opaque windows, from rain, ocean spray, dust and whatever! We could barely see to get to the first gas station to clean it! Now we stick it in the car, just in case!

I will add these few things to the others listings:

Earplugs - the ship and it's passengers make strange sounds at all hours!

Mesh shower caddy - I have one that has hooks you hang on the shower rod to hold everything.  This is only for rooms without a nicer bathroom with tub and extra storage areas in the shower area

Dominoes or cards - it's fun to have a few hours to play some games and people watch by the pool

Car style or linen closet type air freshener - no candle flame so safe and makes the bathroom more bearable.  lol

Have a great trip!

TOWEL CLIPS! Try it once and you will not regret it! Keeps you from burning your bum on hot lounge chairs and keeps the towel in place. I've never done it, but I've seen people use the clips while holding their towel to also post a note indicating the time they left the chair and that they'd be right back, and those people always seem to stick to their word! Also, I bring a pill organizer and throw in a few pills of just about every OTC med you can think of. You never know what over eating/trying new cultural foods will do to your tummy, and FH has bad allergies, depending on the season he could be stuffed up the whole time otherwise. Outside of small helpful items like that, under pack. You will always bring more than you need, even if you try to bring less, it's still more.

On 2/18/2019 at 1:26 AM, CA_Cruzing said:

A USB rechargeable vibrator. 

No batteries to replace and easily recharged,  as long as the ship maintains power. 

There’s a reason Carnival is called the Fun Ships!

This is the best post here!!!!! Bwahahahaha 

Multiple bottles of sunscreen

Cash money

Water shoes

Cheap waterproof wristwatch (for when in pool and need to bounce for an activity/show)

Vitamins/Airborne or Emergen-C/some cold medication

Dramamine for wife

Portable cigar humidor with torch lighter and cutter

On 2/18/2019 at 2:26 AM, CA_Cruzing said:

A USB rechargeable vibrator

No batteries to replace and easily recharged,  as long as the ship maintains power. 

They make those?  Link?

On 2/18/2019 at 2:26 AM, CA_Cruzing said:

A USB rechargeable vibrator

They make those?  Link?

1 minute ago, NauticalNeophyte said:

Am I the only a little curios about this being designed for “patio, garden, gate, yard, parties, wedding”?  

😂 um didn’t even see that until you posted. I must be in the wrong circle of friends.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mommawo said:

😂 um didn’t even see that until you posted. I must be in the wrong circle of friends.  

Time to up your game. Life is short. Take more vacations. Choose better friends. 

However, I hope they don’t add “balcony” to the description. That’d be a huge game changer for Balcony Club members. 

• Like 2