Epic Interrupted

Briji04

1 minute ago, www3traveler said:

Just checked Norwegian's website, as of Now there is NO WARNING ALERT posted for tomorrow's cruise.  If the there was late arrival or late boarding time, it would be posted there.  NCL is really good about posting ALERT notices.

I also checked, that's why I was curious where the info came from, I also think they would send us an email although I am not sure of that.

11 minutes ago, coscab said:

Could you tell us where you saw this, we are on tomorrows sailing and would like to know if she is going to be late, would leave late and stop for lunch somewhere.

Both on Twitter and FB. Apparently they had a meeting on the ship and passengers were informed of the situation. If what I've seen is to be believed, the ship is still heading for Freeport tonight. Not sure what time it's leaving Freeport, but is supposedly going to arrive at PC at 5pm tomorrow with passengers for the next cruise boarding at 11pm.  Seems to be lots of complaints about poor communications so not even sure this can be 100% relied upon so until you hear something official from NCL I wouldn't go changing any plans.

On 2/11/2019 at 5:46 PM, Briji04 said:

Hello,

I am currently on  the Epic. We are having mechanical problems and will not make our scheduled stops. Instead we are going to San Juan. That’s all we have been told at the moment. They will assess the situation and let us know. Just wanted to post in case anyone was following someone on board. 

Also on the Epic.  Are we making it to Port Canaveral ontime.  What about next weeks cruise?

I have not heard a word on board about stopping anywhere or going in late to PC. I did not get invited to any meeting and I’ve been in the atrium for about 4 hours. When I picked up my platinum luggage tag she said they would call yellow tags around 800 am. 

• Like 2

Thanks so much for keeping us updated.

35 minutes ago, Briji04 said:

I have not heard a word on board about stopping anywhere or going in late to PC. I did not get invited to any meeting and I’ve been in the atrium for about 4 hours. When I picked up my platinum luggage tag she said they would call yellow tags around 800 am. 

Thanks so much for keeping us updated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Briji04 said:

I'm not sure if all passengers have been informed yet, but I've heard from more than one source that the ship is not expected back at Port Canaveral until late afternoon/evening tomorrow.

I wonder if the stop in Freeport is to load tools/parts for whatever repair needs to be done.  Maybe 2 hours to do that then under way again?  Looks like ETA at Freeport is 10 tonight, not exactly a time when they'll have open gangways for people to roam off the ship...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Briji04 said:

UPDATE!!! 

Capt. just announced we will arrive to PC at 8PM tomorrow night and be allowed to stay on the ship until Sunday morning. So those who are going on the 16th Feb cruise. It will be delayed. 

I heard that Feb 16th cruise has been canceled. 

12 minutes ago, Palmetto Pilot said:

how much damage did the ship sustain?

That's just it. It was merely a scratch. If the Freeport rumour is true, then I would conjecture that it's more about getting the engine fixed than any repairs to the hull.

16 minutes ago, johare said:

I heard that Feb 16th cruise has been canceled. 

I have 20 friends that just got on a flight 3 hours ago for the cruise tomorrow as they have not heard anything from Norwegian to the delay or cancelled as a matter of fact they called this morning and Norwegian stated everything was still as planned.  Where did you hear it was cancelled?  LOL wanna warn the person picking them UP from our airport.

1 hour ago, GregD said:

That's just it. It was merely a scratch. If the Freeport rumour is true, then I would conjecture that it's more about getting the engine fixed than any repairs to the hull.

Getting an "engine" (if you mean a diesel) would be far easier in Miami or Port Canaveral than in Freeport, where nearly everything a ship needs for a drydock period needs to be brought in at the time.  There are several marine diesel engine repair companies in Florida, licensed by the engine manufacturers, and they carry stocks of parts.  If you think there is a problem with one of the propellers (frequently called an "engine" on CC), then it might require a trip to Freeport, but Miami Divers are very competent to do most common repair work in the water.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jjwalczak said:

From who?

Someone on the ship. Keep in mind that NCL doesn't appear to be doing a great job of keeping everyone informed, so no guarantee that is true.  That said, the information I was told about the ship getting in late tomorrow evening turned out to be true so we'll see...

1 minute ago, johare said:

Someone on the ship. Keep in mind that NCL doesn't appear to be doing a great job of keeping everyone informed, so no guarantee that is true.  That said, the information I was told about the ship getting in late tomorrow evening turned out to be true so we'll see...

thank you

22 minutes ago, Susandt said:

On Facebook,  someone currently on cruise said they are not getting into pc til Sunday evening and they are able to spend the night on ship and ncl paying for their flights home

Your address is visible in the photo.

Edited by MrMarc

I am supposed to sail tomorrow and haven’t heard a word from NCL. I have seen three different people currently on board (2 on twitter and one I know personally) post within minutes of each other that an announcement as made that they won’t be arriving back until around 8 PM Saturday and have the option to spend Saturday night on board 

Just talked to NCL.  Nothing official from headquarters on a delay. She said that if there is one we would be auto-called with the info but that it would be late tonight likely before info is released. Woman I was talking to sounded exhausted. 

Edited by Lisa99